Martins Licis Got Hit by a Freakin’ Car, and He’s Still Training

EG News

Iron Killer
Jacked Immortal
EG Freak
Mutated
Fully Loaded
EG Cash
Have you ever felt like you were hit by a car the day after an intense training session? It’s not a pleasant sensation, and you might even feel like taking a break from the gym just to let your body heal — unless you’re the reigning World’s Strongest Man Martins Licis, that is.

Martins revealed he was hit by an actual car and is still training in an effort to retain his crown.

In an Instagram post and on his YouTube channel, the 2019 World’s Strongest Man said he was riding his bike at a four-way intersection when a car ran a stop sign and hit him. Martins, on his YouTube channel, said his bike’s brakes weren’t working that well at the time of the crash, but he was able to swerve to avoid a head-on collision.

Unfortunately, Martins was still left with a bloodied arm and a badly-injured tailbone (which, he says, might be fractured). To add insult to injury, the driver left the scene of the crash while Martins was still on the ground.

Luckily for Martins, he walked away from the crash without any broken bones or major injuries, and felt good enough to fly to St. Louis and meet with Dr. Aaron Horschig, a physical therapist, strength coach, and founder of Squat University.

In one of his latest Instagram posts, he can also be seen squatting 400-plus pounds and crushing some farmer’s carries. Not bad for a guy who got hit by a car not that long ago.

View this post on Instagram

A few weeks ago I got hit by a car while riding my bike. Got stitches in my left elbow, hurt my left shoulder and bruised my tailbone. Luckily, no fractures or broken bones! – Oddly enough, light-ish, paused, zombie squats are the only squats that don’t hurt excruciatingly right now. So here’s the heaviest weight I’ve lifted in a few weeks! 407lb (185kg) smooth, briefly paused, zombie squats. Followed by the first set of farmers I’ve been able to do in a month. 1f60e.webp – Always great to workout with my great buddy and brother for life @jacobfinerty to fire me up! @reignbodyfuel @roguefitness @sbd.usa @sbdapparel @barbellapparel @romarkweiss @oddhaugen @probodycoach @henrypenzi #SBDApparel #SBDUSA #ROGUE #RogueFitness #BarbellApparel #NathanPayton #Reign #Strongman #Weightlifting #Powerlifting #BeALegend #MARTINS

A post shared by Martins Licis (@martinslicis) on Aug 9, 2020 at 6:23pm PDT

With about 14 weeks left until the 2020 World’s Strongest Man, scheduled to take place in Florida, Martins is certainly doing everything he can to claim back-to-back victories. And while competitors like four-time winner Brian Shaw and rising star Mateusz Kieliszkowski are sure to give him a run for his money, the competition does seem to be a little easier now that Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson decided to retire from Strongman.

We’ll be keeping an eye on Martins’ recovery.

Continue reading...

rub some dirt on it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.