Jacked Immortal
EG Auction Sniper
VIP Member
Shout Master
Mutated
Fully Loaded
EG Cash

The Effects of Lipidated Curcumin​

There are a few health supplements that nearly everyone should take, especially as they reach their middle years. Here's one of them.

Western medicine has its problems. One of them is spending more time treating the symptoms rather than figuring out how to prevent the disease. For the middle-aged person, there are plenty of drugs available to treat whatever health issues pop up, but wouldn't it be wiser to prevent those issues in the first place? Here's one supplement that has researchers excited.

The Effects of Low-Dose, Lipidated Curcumin​

A group of researchers found a study on the effects a daily dose of 500 mg. of curcumin had on healthy people. The subjects experienced reduced cholesterol and triglycerides, along with more antioxidants in their blood. However, these researchers wanted to dig deeper.

They rounded up 19 people with an average age of 48 and gave them 80 mg. of lipidated curcumin (a more bioavailable form) daily. After one month, they noted the following changes:

"...lowering of plasma triglyceride values, lowering of salivary amylase levels, raising of salivary radical scavenging capacities, raising of plasma catalase activities, lowering of plasma beta amyloid protein concentrations, lowering of plasma sICAM readings, increased plasma myeloperoxidase without increased c-reactive protein levels, increased plasma nitric oxide, and decreased plasma alanine amino transferase activities."

In English...​

• Improved blood sugar levels
  • Improvements in blood vessel function (blood flow), which help overall cardiovascular health
  • Triglyceride levels dropped
  • Inflammatory markers were lowered
  • Digestive enzymes of carbohydrates in saliva went up
  • Free radical scavenging abilities increased
  • The type of protein responsible for plaques in the brain went down
  • The amount of blood-pressure-lowering nitrous oxide went up, which can boost stamina and increase blood flow to muscles.
Put all that together, and it looks like curcumin could act as a preventative for many of the ailments that begin to plague us in middle age. Oh, and as a bonus, the scientists also noted a drop in the levels of an enzyme that makes hair turn gray. So, there's that.

What Kind to Use​

Each new study on curcumin strengthens the idea that nearly everyone should be taking it, whether for increasing athletic ability 19, warding off depression, or boosting sexual health 23 (erection quality).

Just be sure to use micellar curcumin which contains the lipidized form that produces 95 times more free curcumin in the bloodstream than plain curcumin.

I do take literally a handful of vitamins and oils a day. Really does help as I've gotten older. I can feel it when I miss days of taking them. Pretty much always part of my daily routine now. A staple.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.