Motorcycles

homegrown

Iron Killer
Jacked Immortal
Mutated
EG Cash
I have ben wanting to get a bike for a while now and I am a new rider. What is a good bike to get without going custom to learn and just cruise around town if you are a little taller than average? I like the look of a Harley but dont fit on them and I know better than to look at a sport bike (I look like a bear on a unicycle). I would just like to be comfortable and have some fun, doesn't need to be fast or fancy..

Honda shadow get avsize engine that is why u need is good to start out

Sent from Mobile phone usin Tapatalk 2

1100 Yamaha V-Star Classic. Plenty of power where needed, but not a road hog. Good Cruising bike, not constricted. Can haul a second passenger without any problem and is a great platform for customizing if wanted. Tried to post a pic of mine, but the file is to big.

1100 Yamaha V-Star Classic. Plenty of power where needed, but not a road hog. Good Cruising bike, not constricted. Can haul a second passenger without any problem and is a great platform for customizing if wanted. Tried to post a pic of mine, but the file is to big.
TSizemoreDitto on this. I have been riding an 1100 Silverado for years and never had any issues as long as you keep up with regular maintenance. Perfect bike for to everything aI need to.... run to the gym, grocery, work...two years ago I rode it everywhere.....I didn't put gas in my truck for five months. Depending on your size a used one could be the perfect ride...... been riding for 20+ years.

that right there if i was buying
http://bikeglam.com/2012-harley-davidson-flhx-street-glide/2012-harley-davidson-flhx-street-glide-a-beautiful-black-color-motorbike-is-standing-in-front-of-home/

I had a Honda shadow 750 very good bike especially for a first bike... It's no Harley though for sure

xxd1v3r said:
that right there if i was buying
http://bikeglam.com/2012-harley-davidson-flhx-street-glide/2012-harley-davidson-flhx-street-glide-a-beautiful-black-color-motorbike-is-standing-in-front-of-home/
xxd1v3r
I like the HD nightster XL.

homegrown said:
DOes anyone know if these bikes would safely and comfortably accommodate a rider over 6'6?
homegrownThe V-Star Classic would. The Shadow is a little shorter, and the Harley's..well you can set them up.

It all depends on what style riding you want. you dont want anything less the 750 , because once you get use to it you will wish you got bigger. I started out with a 1200 harley cause it was heavy and i didnt bounce around a lot on the road. but of course i have my 1100 ninja for the zip riding.
If you are into chill cruising then get something low to the ground and with a windshield.

Any of the HD Dyna series,Im tall to but with forward controls you cant go wrong..There great for long rides but are also a great in town bike....I own a Dyna super glide which i wouldnt trade for the world

This is old but I thought I would open it back up for shits and giggles, lol...
I have a 2003 Honda VTX 1800C only has 7000 miles on it, just me and the wife riding the back roads etc.... The damn thing is actually heavy but wouldn't feel to bad if it was balanced as good as a Harley. I road my wives uncles Super Glide and that damn thing is beautifully balanced and easier to maneuver, on mine some one came over on me , guess I was doing about 70mph so I had to throw it like you do a Cafe Racer style bike and I still don't know how I got the damn thing back up after leaning it and switching lanes, it actually felt like I was going to end up in the ditch.

SO WHO ELSE HAS ONE AND RIDES??

Been riding since I was 10, I’ve always been in the sport bikes, I own a Ducati v4 as of right now and it’s a sick machine!

here she is

Attachments

• 833181F3-2370-4E5A-8C15-57336EBAC267.webp
    833181F3-2370-4E5A-8C15-57336EBAC267.webp
    27.2 KB · Views: 10
RocVery nice brotha. I've owned six bikes all but my last were all Rice Rockets. Went to my current cruiser because of it being more 'wife' friendly. I miss my Yam R1.

Very nice brotha. I've owned six bikes all but my last were all Rice Rockets. Went to my current cruiser because of it being more 'wife' friendly. I miss my Yam R1.
01dragonslayerYeah, I've had mostly rockets (currently 2013 gsxr 750). Had Vulcan for the wife and now a Vstrom, its loads of fun. On-off road and comfy

View previous replies…
Started riding years ago.....

1st ever bike......'89 Honda CBR600 to learn on(first year of the CBR; from Hurricane to CBR)
View attachment 32639

2nd.....'95 Suzuki GSXR750
View attachment 32640

3rd......'96 Suzuki GSXR750(when they went to the new body style)
View attachment 32641

4th......'96 Honda CBR900RR Erion Racing Edition(super comfy bike)
View attachment 32644

5th.....'01 Yamaha YZFR1 Champions Edition only 1000 made(THE ABSOLUTE BEST BIKE I HAVE EVER OWNED!!! I had put an after market sprocket in the rear with two extra teeth......wheelings out the ying yang!)
View attachment 32645
6th.....'06 Yamaha V-Star Silverado1100(the wifey bike).....take this thing everywhere)
View attachment 32646
01dragonslayerAll nice bikes, I was a gsxr man myself, loved the r1’s!!!

Road Glide Special, love that thing. Had a Wide Glide but wasn't comfortable for the wife. Road to Sturgis and back a few years ago and never got uncomfortable, other than the 110 degree weather riding there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.