Iron Killer
Jacked Immortal
EG Auction Sniper
EG Freak
Mutated
Board Donator
Fully Loaded
EG Cash
Anyone willing to share some (cleanish) bulking diet ideas with me.

I had never tried a regimented diet before last cycle. I did a recomposition/slight-cut. Diet was around 3700 cals, super clean, all real food, lots of proteins, some veggies.

By the end if it I was sick of tasteless food. But got some decent results. I'm 6'. Started at 229 and ended at 224. Looking at myself in the mirror I felt like I shed quite a bit of fat while maintain muscle.

Here's a pic of before and after:

Anyway now I want to try to bulk up again (and then cut) before summer but without just going to jack in the box for every meal.

Anyone got some eating plans?

[attachment deleted by admin]

it ok about the dupes noob 😛

First how committed to the process are you?
Second, how much weight are you talking about?
and Third, Are you willing to do planning and prepping?

Without these three areas being part of your lifestyle, the meal plan won't work. The food can be seasoned and not have a problem with bland tasting food, but it takes quite a bit of prepping for it to work right. I got some ideas for ya...I'll write some out.

TSizemore said:
First how committed to the process are you?
Second, how much weight are you talking about?
and Third, Are you willing to do planning and prepping?

Without these three areas being part of your lifestyle, the meal plan won't work. The food can be seasoned and not have a problem with bland tasting food, but it takes quite a bit of prepping for it to work right. I got some ideas for ya...I'll write some out.
TSizemore
Any ideas you got, I'm all ears. Thanks.

Planning and prepping, no problem. I just came off 12 weeks of regimented dieting and had good results. I got a chick from CL to come in twice a week and help me prep food - $12 an hour well spent.

I don't really have specific gain goals, just whatever is realistic in 12 weeks of hard ass work. I don't want to put on a ton of fat, just whatever will help with muscular and strength gains.

Not knowing where you're at or what you're doing right now...I'll tell you what you should be at to achieve what you're looking for.

Your maintenance calories should be at or around 3200
Your Lean Mass gaining calories should be at or around 3700.

This is assuming you are already eating close to the 3600 calories now. If you are eating far less, than you will end up putting of fat, as your body will want to store due to an influx of calories.

This is all based on an age of 40 as well. (I didn't have your age, and just went with a round number) I'll see if I can't put a sample meal plan together for you to give you an idea.

My calorie tracking app says I'm eating about 3500 right now. I'm 39 this year so close enough.

There are so many things you can do that I really dont even know where to start, but like TS said its more of a choice of really wanting to do it than the food being so bland. Do you eat fruit? You can do so much with the taste of your food by just adding fruit to a meal. Another thing is dairy. Milk, cheese, yogurt..... cheese is good on just about everything and you can make sauces and marinades out of yogurt or just eat it straight up. Cereals and granola are another good carb option that aren't boring as well.

I guess the diet I just came off was so strict and clean that I'm not sure what u can bring back in for a clean bulk without bringing too much fat. You're talking about milk and yogurt and fruit and I'm jizzing in my shorts.

Sorry about the mix up Bro,
I got your meal plan mixed up with someone elses I was doing....so I took it off. (I don't this for a living, so it's easy to get things mixed)

Your Maintenance calories are a little lower than what I told you above, they are at 3200.
For lean growth add 500 calories, you're already at 3500...so you should have no problem upping that to 4000 if you wanted to.

I would suggest to you Flank Steak, Red Potatoes, Grilled Chicken, Avocados, a lot of eggs, Green Beans, Brown rice, Oat Bran (preferred over oatmeal), bananas, Protein Powders, I like the Myoplex RTD's, etc.
Homegrown has already told you about some flavoring ideas, and they are good ones. You can use Garlic, I like low sodium seasoned salt, Blackened seasoning, Pepper, etc. There's no reason for your food to be tasteless.

This was my last bulking diet.

Breakfast-
4 Eggs
2 Slices of cheese
1 Cup of oatmeal
1 Cup of OJ

Post-Workout-
Protein Shake 33 grams
1 Cup of strawberries
8 OZ of milk

Lunch-
8 OZ chicken breast
1 Large baked potato
1 Cup of lettuce/dressing

Snack-
10 OZ canned tuna
2 OZ of almonds

Snack-
10 OZ Tilapia
1 Large baked potato
1 Cup of lettuce/dressing

Dinner-
8 OZ Steak
1 Cup Brown rice
1 Cup of Broccoli

Before Bed-
Protein Shake 33 grams
1 Large Apple

Total Calories = 4663... Fat(g) = 175.8... Carbs(g) = 160.4... Prot(g) 394.4

The fat is a little high but I like it that way. I was once really skinny and couldnt put weight on for my life.

PJ what are your stats now? Or on average...

dowork said:
dowork
I went to the doctors today so 5'11, 185.4, 13%ish BF. I lost 9lbs in two months. I have been sick as shit with not eating good and no gym really. Im nowhere near my numbers with lifts so I cant even tell you right now.

With this diet for 6 months and a cycle I put on/kept around 22lbs.

PJ said:
dowork said:
dowork
I went to the doctors today so 5'11, 185.4, 13%ish BF. I lost 9lbs in two months. I have been sick as shit with not eating good and no gym really. Im nowhere near my numbers with lifts so I cant even tell you right now.

With this diet for 6 months and a cycle I put on/kept around 22lbs.

where you been PJ damn dude..

ODINSBLOOD said:
ODINSBLOOD
I'm back now. I had bronchitis which lead to other shit. Had a 104 fever and didnt get out of bed for days lol. Just had blood work done on friday to make sure everything is ok.

Back to the gym tomorrow I hope, with a serious diet again. Need to hit the 220 mark this year.

PJ said:
ODINSBLOOD said:
ODINSBLOOD
I'm back now. I had bronchitis which lead to other shit. Had a 104 fever and didnt get out of bed for days lol. Just had blood work done on friday to make sure everything is ok.

Back to the gym tomorrow I hope, with a serious diet again. Need to hit the 220 mark this year.

I am sure you will get it bro. glad you're feeling better

i also need some bulking diet help. any sample meal plans?

homegrown said:
There are so many things you can do that I really dont even know where to start, but like TS said its more of a choice of really wanting to do it than the food being so bland. Do you eat fruit? You can do so much with the taste of your food by just adding fruit to a meal. Another thing is dairy. Milk, cheese, yogurt..... cheese is good on just about everything and you can make sauces and marinades out of yogurt or just eat it straight up. Cereals and granola are another good carb option that aren't boring as well.
homegrown
This is what I was gonna say. Also eating health foods doesn't mean they should be bland. You just need to get creative with your meals, seasoning, adding the right foods to give it that great taste.

Smoothies are great and quick too and can add on some good quality calories without having to eat all that you put in it. Just drink and go. Something like egg whites, milk, oatmeal, banana, blueberries, spinach and carrots. Gtg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.