Need help with my gym's rules

Chicken_hawk

Pumped
Jacked Immortal
EG Freak
Mutated
EG Cash
Hey guys, I am opening a new gym in the next few months. It will be 4k SF with the basics, dbs up to 150s, 3 racks, comp bench, hammer strength, jungle, bumpers and a few other items serious athletes would recognize. Basically, a place for people who don't like the commercial gym scene. My goal is not have an elitist mentality, but provide a safe space free from dbags, peering eyes and tramps. Simply put a place to train, and train hard with other like minded people.

That being said, I want it to reflect us and have a personality of it's own, so we will have black and white pics with athletes and slogans on the walls and variiou other pieces of nostalgia. The gym being a reflection of myself and vision will be a bit over the top in ways and when it comes to the rules I want them to be humurous and sarcastic. Most people will get a chuckle, but if the $65 month fee doesn't keep out the trash I want the rules to minimize the possibility.

So, I am asking for help. Keep in mind if any of these relect you that's cool, but this is my place so these represent my thoughts of how a member should behave.

1. If you pick it up then put it back.
2. Remember, you kiss your mother with that mouth.
3. Save the ILS for the stage.
4. If you take a selfie make sure I'm impressed (we have a problem with young people setting up tripods and cameras to do leg extensions. One day I watched a kid dump a 405 squat attempt because he had his partner holding his phone).
5. If you're gonna grunt it better be heavy (there is this cute Asian girl who grunts orgasmicly on the last 5 reps of every set )
6. No exposed nips or transparent clothing.
7. Sneakers, not sandles.

These are a rough draft, but are all issues that I have rolled my eyes at particularly at my current gym. I swear every dude is showing their nips and several ladies where that sheer spandex that shows their when they bend over. I want wife's and husband's to feel their spouses are safe when they are at my place.

Now, I am willing to make exceptions and change some things, but I don't feel these rules are unreasonable. And well you don't have to join.

Any input appreciated.
Hawk

No stupidity allowed - DB Squats while standing on stacked Tiers of DB's qualifies as stupidity!

Rule 5. I grunt on the 7th and 8th rep of 315 flat bench then I go over and dB press 100’s and grunt on the 9th and 10th rep.. is that acceptable. Cause now when I go do chest tonight I’m going to wonder if every one thinks I’m a tool or a Asian girl orgasming.

One thing I can’t stand at the gym is when dudes come in like 4 or 5 deep and all do the same workout and take up the bench or whatever for an hour at a time. My exact reason for chest days being Sunday

Rule 5. I grunt on the 7th and 8th rep of 315 flat bench then I go over and dB press 100’s and grunt on the 9th and 10th rep.. is that acceptable. Cause now when I go do chest tonight I’m going to wonder if every one thinks I’m a tool or a Asian girl orgasming.
Eman
Ha ha, hence the humor...it better be heavy. Which I accept is relative term, but this chick does it on leg press, hacks pulldowns... everything!!! Its worse because she is a tiny Asian girl with a high pitch LOL. Imagine setting up for a big attempt and then 10 feet away a girl is having an orgasm but in a wierd way...set after set after set. It makes me laugh after I get annoyed because, in my mind I'm like are you serious?

Hawk

I like the rules bro, my wife used to train with me on occasion and weather I inclining 130's or squatting heavy I never made any noise that would bother any body and I could never stand the people that dressed inappropriately for a workout. They were dressing more to be seen and most had nothing to show. I always wore 3x shirts and sweats, busted my ass for what I wanted. That's how we do it here.. 🙂....

I like the rules bro, my wife used to train with me on occasion and weather I inclining 130's or squatting heavy I never made any noise that would bother any body and I could never stand the people that dressed inappropriately for a workout. They were dressing more to be seen and most had nothing to show. I always wore 3x shirts and sweats, busted my ass for what I wanted. That's how we do it here.. 🙂....
ThorPrude!! I go to the gym for the Nip slips and ass crack as seen through Yoga pants stretched to thin! 😛

Thor
Exactly, I'm not saying a woman can't dress in form fitting attire, but I must draw the line at transparent. And it is a spouse thing, I mean what dude doesn't like a nice butt shot? But, for business I can't have my wife or anyone else's having to put up with that or staring at dudes nipples. If we are honest its unnecessary because like you said, you can't hide a fit body. Most of my brothers are also just shorts and t shirt guys as they are secure in who they are. Besides, these are not difficult requests, but I have seen people just drop their clothes and start posing... My gym won't be that place.

Hawk

When my wife is with me I can't look..LOL. Last time she went with me I bent over to adjust some weight and 2 women on the bikes were making comments about my ass and why I wouldn't take my hoodie off. Brother you talking about my wife being hot, she will grab me by the ass in front of them and say mine..LOL. Oh and I look when it is in my face like the girl in tights doing bent stiff leg deadlifts, it was like facing down a taco at taco bell!! LMAO!!

This was actually meant for TSize ,LOL 🙂 😉

You brothers bare with me on the typing, I have to go back and reread everything as my injured arm and hand doesn't hit the keys just right all the time. LOL

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.