Night time junkfood carb cravingd

A

Anonymous

anyone know of anything that will stop these crazy binges/cravings? Its not just carbs, its gotta be junk food and tons of it. I read 5htp, but just wondering if anyone knows of anything else that works good? I can diet perfect all day. But night time comes and i Lose all self control.

increase your fats. the reason you get hungry is simple. diet with carbs increases blood sugar, insulin get released to lower it, it gets lowered and the hunger starts again.

i had the same when i ate carbs. i got up to eat nutella at 4-5 am. this was regular thing. for 2 yrs now i am on mostly fats and below 30grams of carbs per day and cravings are completely terminated. zero. i can eat breakfast and then eat dinner at 10pm and thats it. before 5-7 meals per day with snacks inbetween and trips to the fridge for sugar and nonsense.

people get fat and have cravings because they eat the wrong foods, not because they are weak minded or lacking discipline.

carbs = cravings. fats = no issue. same calorie, same everything. insulin or lack of insulin is key.

i like buying something really rich and sweet like a key lime pie and will only have a few spoons full and than put in back in the fridge. This helps me kill the cravings, but got to have the will power only to have a few bites and be done with it..

Simple, just eat carbs. Insulin great muscle builder. I eat carbs all the time right before bed and am I fat? No even close

Take 1 heaping tble spoon of EVO 1 hr before bedtime. And, or eat a bag of sugar free gummy worms. Or, just eat some good carbs. Unless your 2 week out contest prep, no carbs at night is a myth...you need carbs at night... it is the only time your body is in anabolism, so the glucose is good.... you need insulin to build muscle.

MattyIce date=1477332040 said:
Take 1 heaping tble spoon of EVO 1 hr before bedtime. And, or eat a bag of sugar free gummy worms. Or, just eat some good carbs. Unless your 2 week out contest prep, no carbs at night is a myth...you need carbs at night... it is the only time your body is in anabolism, so the glucose is good.... you need insulin to build muscle.
MattyIce date=1477332040So glad to hear someone say carbs are good. So sick of this low carb fad. 1/2 the world living on rice and there not overweight. Lol. I ate huge amounts of carbs everyday no matter what time it is and nope. Not fat

Anonymous said:
Simple, just eat carbs. Insulin great muscle builder. I eat carbs all the time right before bed and am I fat? No even close
Anonymous

that has to be tkasch.... by the way .. i agree.. i love carbs... i guess some people might be better off without them.. but don't go that route until you really have to ..imho

I vary with my carbs.. I put on weight fast .. so I sometimes just carb cycle for months at a time .. then will do a carb load.. genetics .. mine suck lol..

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

I don't go low carb. .. I might if I needed to get contest ripped. .. but I stay fairly lean year round. ... and don't worry about carbs or even sugar... latest fasted blood sugar was 76 ..and I'm 48...

I also do IF. . Really just try to get protein grams in and hit my calorie goals daily.. and don't worry much if the rest of calories are carbs, fat, or protein.

So maybe if you crave at night try IF.... save most of your cals and carbs for that night meal... eat a ton and go to bed... I do it like that all the time

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Anonymous date=1476832732 said:
increase your fats. the reason you get hungry is simple. diet with carbs increases blood sugar, insulin get released to lower it, it gets lowered and the hunger starts again.

Not all Carbs have a direct and total impact on Insulin release.

i had the same when i ate carbs. i got up to eat nutella at 4-5 am. this was regular thing. for 2 yrs now i am on mostly fats and below 30grams of carbs per day and cravings are completely terminated. zero. i can eat breakfast and then eat dinner at 10pm and thats it. before 5-7 meals per day with snacks inbetween and trips to the fridge for sugar and nonsense.

people get fat and have cravings because they eat the wrong foods, not because they are weak minded or lacking discipline.

This is completely true. The right content yields the best results. You have to mess around and find which breakdown works best for your system.

carbs = cravings. fats = no issue. same calorie, same everything. insulin or lack of insulin is key.

This, however, is crap. Fat and Carbs are not even close to the same calories, same everything! They are completely different and CANNOT be substituted one for the other. You can, however, set your macros up for differing amounts of Fats compared to Carbs. I personally do better on very high carbs with Lower fats. But, you may be just the opposite.
Anonymous date=1476832732

This, however, is crap. Fat and Carbs are not even close to the same calories, same everything! They are completely different and CANNOT be substituted one for the other.

no i think he meant if you got an equal amount of calories form carbs... or the same amount of cals from fat ( which would obviously take less grams of food) that the insulin response is the key

not that i agree that carbs are evil ... o love carbs ... and tend to better with higher carb lower fat

i treat myself to protolize, its protein pudding and once you've been off sugars a while it taste awesome ( to me, GF hates it cause she still eats sugar)
satisfies my sweet tooth and is 30+ grams of isolate protein before bed.

find something like that or a quest bar, taste like candy and has only 5 grams of carbs

Oatmeal with some protein mixed in and then few egg whites .. my go to night time snack

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

My favorite night snack is a couple of crackers with peanut butter. I cannot go without.

When I'm dieting down I get into this rut. The reduction of cals and carbs are what kick my cravings into high gear even when I keep my macros in ck.

I do a couple of things to get past it. One increase my protein up by 1-2 oz's on last 2 meals. If I have a protein drink instead I add ice to it to thicken it up and for the added water. This also slows me finishing to so quick.
The other thing I do is drink more water at those 2 last meals to fill my gut up.

I do this for at a minimum of 2 weeks. Then I can typically reduce the water and Or extra protein.
If on certain days I regain that extra hunger I add the above back for that day.

As someone else stated I do eat carbs either the 2nd to last meal or on my last meal. At least w my body I need the stored glucose or i lose the pump and my muscles will shrink with in weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My favorite bedtime snack is 1/2 cup uncooked quick oats, 1/2 scoop(or maybe a whole scoop) hydrolyzed whey protein, and about 4-6 prunes(or a banana).

Yes prunes, what can I say? I love 'em!!! Plus, they make me go poop the next morning.

I only have this on a post workout night so that I will be able to sleep.

But I do agree that carbs are a problem.

For years, I never thought twice about carbs. But now, the past several years, carbs are my frenemy.
I must have them pre-workout, or my strength is not there.

But, if I have them during the day, it makes my thinking and clarity REALLY MESSED UP!!!
Bloodsugar issue of somekind, idk.
But I do KNOW that if I have ANY SIGNIFICANT amount of carbs during working hours, I won't get crap done for the day.

The lack of clarity really kills my drive and productivity.

Your body changes over time, and I'm at the point where I really need minimal carbs.
The upside to this is that I don't seem to loose muscle as easily, with the low carb protocol, as before this issue arose.

But I gotta add, muscle are great, but I wouldn't trade my brain cells for any amount of muscle.
When you struggle with clarity of mind, it is VERY FRUSTRATING AND DISCOURAGING.

But, with proper sleep and bloodsugar control, everything seems to be ok.
Thank the LORD!!!
8) 8) 8)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.