Not getting the results you want? Lacking in a diet plan?

HTFU

Iron Killer
Jacked Immortal
EG Freak
Mutated
Fully Loaded
EG Cash
I couldn't express more that dieting is the most important part of fitness and getting the results you want. Without proper dieting your not going to get results you want, plain and simple. You can juice, lift, and take whatever supplements you want but you won't get far.

I want to keep this post simple and easy to understand. If your not getting the results you want but are training your tail off it usually means your not dieting properly (stretching would be another reason but I'll save that for another post). I personally believe in Macros, Macros, Macros! With that being said what are macros? Macros consists of three groups. Fats, Protien, and Carbs. The less carbs you intake the more fats and proteins you'll need to intake. Just vise Versa. Ex. I've got my friend getting ready to step on stage so he's in cutting mode, carbs at 25g a day, fats at 150g, protein at 230g.

Please keep in mind I'm not going to go to in depth, just keep it basic.

How do I know what my Macros should be? First you need to figure out what weight you want to be at and what is your goal. Do I want to maintain, bulk, or cut. These are the 3 basic categories. Mid summer and early fall I maintain. Winter months I bulk.. Early spring I just maintain, then late spring to Early summer I cut! This is my preference.

To figure out how many calories you need to intake a day is crucial and all depends on how many calories you burn a day, your height as well as your age. ( We could go into metabolism and other in depth key pointers, but let's keep it simple)

I personally have a excel sheet formulated to count my macros for me that I built in college.

Given below are 3 websites I have found to be accurate. In order to get calculations to get your diet started off right. You should use this assessment for a 90 day trial. Every body is different, you will need to tweak and adjust after the 90 days.

http://caloriecontrol.org/healthy-weight-tool-kit/assessment-calculator/

This will give you a good calculation on what your calorie intake should be for your goals.

http://macronutrientcalculator.com

Plug in your calorie intake into this website, then decide what your plan is, maintain, cut, or bulk. Question that's been asked a lot, can you cut and bulk at the same time? Yes, you definitely can. Most people like to put on mass while cutting BF off. But until you start with the basics given in this Post, you won't be able to identify your strengths and weaknesses.

Myfitnesspal.com

I used this website when I first started out and think it's great for one thing, calculating your food in a easy way. Don't listen to anything else this site says. It's a great journel. You just scan your items from the grocery store and it will calculate everything.

Main foods I stick too:

Carbs: Oatmeal, white rice, whole wheat toast, black beans

Fats: Cashews, Walnuts, Peanut Butter, and Coconut oil. ( you should cook everything with coconut oil l, it's a fast burning fat that doesn't float around in the body)

Proteins: Lean red meat, Chicken, Salmon, Squid, Turkey Meat, Eggs, and Plain Greek Yogurt.

Side note: Veggies and Fruits... I personally don't intake fruits much because I take multivitamins. But always eat my greens.

Veggies: Kale, green pepper and Spinach
Fruits: Pinapple (diuretic)

Treat Snacks: Fucking Nutella!

Cheat meal: it's important to eat a cheat meal once a week, this shocks the body.

I hope this post finds use and help to folks on EG

Can a Brother get a Like

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.