Optimal pre workout meal timing

For me no more than 30 min.. then about an hour later I eat again..If I wait more than 30 min to eat right after workout I feel weak.. I dont know if it is just psychological or what but it is what I do....

I can't eat much with-in 1 hr of working out. Makes my wanna puke, especially on leg day. I will eat again 1 hour post w/o and then again about 9pm to get that last meal in.

I bring my food with me to the Gym. As soon as I get back in the car from my workout, I'm eating!! Pre workout, 30min to an hour

I'm eating 1.5 hours pre then a shake with berries immediately after then full meal 1.5 hours post.

Good to hear what others are doing.

depends on body part.... for quads, hams, or back I don't eat for 90-120 minutes prior to workout (lots of squats, deads, rack pulls, etc)... for chest, arms, and shoulders I can eat up to 60 minutes before workout... i typically eat within 20-30 minutes of leaving the gym... eating enough, correctly, and on time is the hardest part of my program because I enjoy the weights (and want to train all the time, even when I am better off resting)...

I wait an hour and a half minimum before lifting, i perform waaaay better on an empty stomach. What you should take from the responses is everyone is different. Find what works best for you.

ajordana said:
I wait an hour and a half minimum before lifting, i perform waaaay better on an empty stomach. What you should take from the responses is everyone is different. Find what works best for you.
ajordana
This is what I'm doing. I eat at 3:30 latest and lift at 5-5:15. I puke if my belly is full.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.