Osteo Arthritis

S

Shasta

Well doc said I may have it in my shoulder. Thats some shit

you getting old!

Thats what he said. Actually he says its a common condition, for elderly. And shrugged his shoulders lol

Just curious Shasta, how old are you?

Is this in any way related to your training?

I have concerns that sustained, heavy loading (i.e power lifting for 20+ years) may contribute to the development of arthritis?

I was diagnosis with it at 21 years old, use to take prescribed medication Rufin 800 mg every 4 hours or as need, than my pharmacists asked why i was paying all the money i was paying. He told me if i would take 4 Advil at a time it would be almost the same thing. So that's what i been doing every since. I'm in my 50's and can tell you that i have learnt to live with it and have adjusted my work out and the way i lift certain things. I hardly ever do legs, Due to this my knees are very bad,i'm OK pushing weights, but pulling weights i have to use the weight lifting hooks, due to left hand wants to come open if doing heavy weight. when people asked me what supplements i take ,i always say Advil, and tiger balm. good luck to you .

cck99352 said:
Just curious Shasta, how old are you?

Is this in any way related to your training?

I have concerns that sustained, heavy loading (i.e power lifting for 20+ years) may contribute to the development of arthritis?
cck99352Im 26, and its related to my time in service. I had a pretty physically demanding term to say the least. Lots of weight carried on lots of missions and thats not including all the training for the missions.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.