TSizemore

Iron Killer
Staff member
Jacked Immortal
EG Auction Sniper
Mutated
Fully Loaded
EG Cash
Here's a pic of a motor I built with my Son. It was a great experience, just me and my boy building it together. Of course, he promptly totaled the car after the break in period, but, all I cared about was....it ran!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Didn't have time to fully dress it out. I was gonna change the wires and other stuff after the break in, but,....that never happened. I still have the motor, it was unharmed. Guess I'm going to find a Jeep to put it in or something.

TSizemore said:
Didn't have time to fully dress it out. I was gonna change the wires and other stuff after the break in, but,....that never happened. I still have the motor, it was unharmed. Guess I'm going to find a Jeep to put it in or something.
TSizemore
If you're throwing it in a jeep im guessing its a 350, 383? what was it in?

Actually, it's a 4.3 Vortec (350 with the first two cylinder removed, basically). Since he was only 16, I went a little conservative on the size. The components were all beefy, just not the block.

Not too shabby. Yeah I was 16 with my first 350. It was in a truck, but it was definitely the last thing I needed. Buddy has a wrangler with a 350. It's a monster man. Good choice

350's what I had in first car as well

Awesome, T. I had a JEEP back in the day built by Hines Racing. It only had a 304, but it was bored .090 over and had TRW pistons, very hot cam, K&N, etc.,etc. Damn thing was only a 3 speed but I could beat any corvette, camaro, etc off the line. Of course once I reached like 90 I was wound out and the car I was racing would then blow right past me. Tremendous kickdown @ 50-60mph.

Hanzo said:
Awesome, T. I had a JEEP back in the day built by Hines Racing. It only had a 304, but it was bored .090 over and had TRW pistons, very hot cam, K&N, etc.,etc. Damn thing was only a 3 speed but I could beat any corvette, camaro, etc off the line. Of course once I reached like 90 I was wound out and the car I was racing would then blow right past me. Tremendous kickdown @ 50-60mph.
Hanzo
Hahahaha....That's the problem with the Jeeps!! Can beat anybody in a race.....as long as it's only 100 yds! Lol

I had a 93 s-10i built from the grownd up had a 400 small block with a 2 speed power glide sold it when it sat for a few yrs because the drag strip closed down.my daughter was also raced, at age 7 she had a jr.dragster that run 8.90s ,her first pass was a 9.02 at 71 mph ,talk about a scared dad hoping she would stop but she actually drove better than a lot of 16 yr olds.haha I will post pics soon as I can find some.

Joebad1 said:
I had a 93 s-10i built from the grownd up had a 400 small block with a 2 speed power glide sold it when it sat for a few yrs because the drag strip closed down.my daughter was also raced, at age 7 she had a jr.dragster that run 8.90s ,her first pass was a 9.02 at 71 mph ,talk about a scared dad hoping she would stop but she actually drove better than a lot of 16 yr olds.haha I will post pics soon as I can find some.
Joebad1that is awesome!!! I've built two s10s with v8s and an s10 blazer. I love doing motor swaps. Its my passion for sure!

syngen pharma

syngen said:
Joebad1 said:
Joebad1that is awesome!!! I've built two s10s with v8s and an s10 blazer. I love doing motor swaps. Its my passion for sure!

syngen pharma
That's awesome.....that's exactly what that engine my son and I were slated for. The S-10 first, then the blazer....Camaro popped in our lap.

Not sure if you watch drag racing in t.v. But Joey Martin a pro modified driver put in my role cage and built my 9in rearend had mozer axles, and a 4 link .i ran the 10.5 tire class that sucker would stick to the track.ran 6.05 in the 1/8 and a 5..90 in mobile ala.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.