Pec delt tie in

ajdonutz

Iron Killer
Jacked Immortal
EG Freak
Mutated
Fully Loaded
EG Cash
Ok any suggestions? No issues at all on anything last week, come in today for chest. Hit my warmups on bench 135x6, 225x2, 335x1 and then throw 405 on there which I've been doing that for a month now, and lower down and about 2 inches off my chest my upper pec/delt tie in gets really tight and I decide I shouldn't go any lower, I went ahead and pushed it up myself though I still had the power. Well, after it got real tight and sore. I kept doing shoulder moves to warn it up but then even 135 on bench or the bar on incline and 10 lb flyes would send it in pain. Its still mobile and there was no tearing sound or anything notable other than tightness when I lowered the rep..

I think in going to take the whole week off as I probably needed a reload anyway, and keep taking my osyeo BiFlex and my super cissus and eating like normal, but any suggestions? Anyone ever encounter this? It feels like its the muscle where my upper pec and front delt connect.. its sore and tight right now. Would a week off be enough?

ajordana said:
Ok any suggestions? No issues at all on anything last week, come in today for chest. Hit my warmups on bench 135x6, 225x2, 335x1 and then throw 405 on there which I've been doing that for a month now, and lower down and about 2 inches off my chest my upper pec/delt tie in gets really tight and I decide I shouldn't go any lower, I went ahead and pushed it up myself though I still had the power. Well, after it got real tight and sore. I kept doing shoulder moves to warn it up but then even 135 on bench or the bar on incline and 10 lb flyes would send it in pain. Its still mobile and there was no tearing sound or anything notable other than tightness when I lowered the rep..

I think in going to take the whole week off as I probably needed a reload anyway, and keep taking my osyeo BiFlex and my super cissus and eating like normal, but any suggestions? Anyone ever encounter this? It feels like its the muscle where my upper pec and front delt connect.. its sore and tight right now. Would a week off be enough?
ajordanaI had this same thing happen! It's just a strain....it hurt enough my wife insisted I go see the Doc....she was concerned it was an internal issue. Pain lasted a couple weeks, and then back to lifting. Doc gave Naproxin, I just took it easy on chest, other body parts weren't affected.

TSizemore said:
I had this same thing happen! It's just a strain....it hurt enough my wife insisted I go see the Doc....she was concerned it was an internal issue. Pain lasted a couple weeks, and then back to lifting. Doc gave Naproxin, I just took it easy on chest, other body parts weren't affected.
TSizemoreAwesome that's kinda what I figured, um gonna take this whole week off to be safe, ice/heat and take some naproxen. See how I feel next monday

Happened to me a couple months back. Took me about 3 weeks to get back to 100%. You will now if your able as soon as you pull the weight off the rests.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.