Pec tear?

T-bar

Iron Killer
Jacked Immortal
EG Freak
Mutated
Fully Loaded
EG Cash
Being in my early 50's I don't usually throw as much weight on the bench press as I used to. I find I get better results with higher reps. A better pump and better growth. So I stick with 15-20 reps at 225 for most workouts. Three weeks ago however I was feeling strong and pissed at the same time. That's a great combo for pushing weight, but also a good way to get hurt. I was able to rep 315 and felt great.

Two days later I was feeling the effect. If you start at the very top of the sternum and follow the collar bone two and a half inches to the left, you'll find the spot that was lighting me up. (I've circled the area in red on the attached jpg. The picture is not an actual picture of me) We're talking major pain that has now lasted 3 weeks. There is no discoloring that usually signifys a tear. There is no gap in the muscle. It does not feel worse if I press on the area, in fact it feels better. I'm in constant pain, but it does not elevate if I bench, although I'm not as strong.

I can't figure out what it is. I've iced it without any relief, but have not used any heat on the area. Anyone ever run into this before?

Attachments

• bone.webp
    bone.webp
    28.9 KB · Views: 23
you didn't feel it during the press or hear anything. might just be a serious soreness. no discoloration so no blood , i torn just some fibers and I felt the pec ripping and tightening up

you might have a shoulder problem , go to the doctor its been hurting too long

yep i have a torn pec.... and this don't sound like anything major.. ... even a slight tear in that area wouldn't be bad... most tears are near the tendon insertion above the bicep.

i suspect a pulled muscle or minor damage... still will hurt but all will be well

Ya krutus is correct bro, how I no. About 5 years ago I was flat benching like your saying. Well i didn't warm up at all. These hot ass girls got on the treadmill me beating me, I'm like I'm a show off. Well i didn't strecth at all. Warm up nothing I threw 365 on there like a fucking Dumb ass. Am I repped it easy. I did it 2 times the the 3rd time pow. Sounded like a gun went off. An I should had been listening to my body instead of my dick but, I felt it the first rep an ignored it. This what happened. When I say it said pow. Well all my strength in my right arm. Was gone, the weigh slammed into my ribs an cracked 3 of them, an I thought I just had a simply pec tear, cause on my left pec, I got a knot its from tearing it. An once it healed the knots still there to the day it a never go away scar tissue, but anyways I didn't go the doctor I had no insurance an I thought it was a simply pec tear. Well the next day my right arm was completely black, all brusied up basically. So I new something was wrong then. Well I went got insurance cause I new I had tore something bad, had to wait 3 months for the insurance to take effect. So I got a Mri or cats scan can't remember, but it showed me what had happened, I tore my pectoral major. Snapped it right off the bone. That's why it made a pow sound. An while I was waiting on insurance it was getting worse cause my tendon wasn't connected to my muscle. Like a soda can bro I could even bring it to my mouth. In the mri/cats scan, u could see my tendon in my pec looked like a snake curled up. So i did research an I wanted a great surgeon. I had Doctor matava outta stl Missouri. He was ranked number 3 as orthopedic surgeon then, he was them Rams an blues physician also. He also did Marshall faulks acl. But he fixed it, they had to basically take my major an minor an connect them together in order to fix it, where I messed up he asked how pretty I wanted it I said I just want it to work again an be able lift again, well he cut a lot outta me. So my right pec looks alil funny lol when I flex. But it's fixed man, it took 3 years for me get back to 100 percent I'm still gun shy on throwing up big weight on flat bench I haven't dos over 350 since this, just gun shy, I could do more but why risk it, I go for the looks, like the six pack. An yes I'm strong as hell in a lot of stuff. What I'm saying is I go for the pretty boy beach body, I'm just super shredded an a lot bigger than a beach boy lol, but bro id for sure go the doctor an get it checked out, I got 3 opinions before I had my surgery an it was a 3 year recovery. Last year is when I actually got back into the gym. It took that long man, but I tore my pec major, I couldn't even do push ups for almost a year man, was along hard road for recovery, a lot of times I won't do flat bench. If u read in sure u do tbar, most injury a come from flat benching, I love the hammer strength machines, I'm only 30 but I've been using roids since I was 18 bro. Just to be safe I'd for sure go get it checked out, an get more than just one doctors advice on it, if it turns out to be serious, I'd look for a good surgeon. Sucks brother to hear this.... I hope it's not serious, good luck for sure go the doctor an see what's up with it. Yours sounds not as serious as mine, bro mine was so bad I was losing total strength in my right arm. I actually had to start whipping my ass with my left hand an did for a year or so. It made my left real strong even when I bench today my left I stronger period an I'm right handed. Kinda made me amidextris. Good luck hope it's nothing serious bro. I do mean that. Bro I thought I was a never make a full recovery from that injury. I think a lot was my surgeon an my rehiblition I did.

damn joe!!!.... that is a scary story... mine is tore pretty bad ...i did it getting thrown off a tube behind a boat going way too fast... about 6-8 months ago.... still don't bench much. i have done 185x10 pretty easy but scared to go much harder.

i do use a machine for inclines and can get pretty heavy on those.

glad to hear you got fixed up.... i been thinking about trying to get the surgery.... but torn muscle is hard to fix and a long road to recovery... and i can do almost anything i did before except bench real heavy...lol

krustus said:
damn joe!!!.... that is a scary story... mine is tore pretty bad ...i did it getting thrown off a tube behind a boat going way too fast... about 6-8 months ago.... still don't bench much. i have done 185x10 pretty easy but scared to go much harder.

i do use a machine for inclines and can get pretty heavy on those.

glad to hear you got fixed up.... i been thinking about trying to get the surgery.... but torn muscle is hard to fix and a long road to recovery... and i can do almost anything i did before except bench real heavy...lol
krustus

Ya bro true story. Bro id go get it fixed. It's a be a long road to recovery but once it's fixed man there won't be anymore pain. I'd get a few doctors opinions. But I'd have a good surgeon donut for sure. Plus u gotta tell them all what u take before they put u under. An bro to me it was worth it I'm 100 percent now. Just took years to recover. Krustus I'd get it fixed bro. You'll have to take time off. But muscle has memory it a come back faster than u know it. Go get it looked at bro. Longer u wait longer the recovery is a be. Cause the surgeon has to cut an go in an cut the stuff that's healed so basically he's a re tear it then fix ya up. Your don't sound near as bad as mine bro I had to have it fixed. My tendon was hanging in my tit. If I wouldn't got it fixed right now I'd have a useless gimp
Arm. Something just think about Ive had 6 surgerys bro I always get any injury fixed. Get it looked at they could maybe just maybe scope it not have to cut it to fix. That's my 2 cents hope u an tbar get your injuries least looked at bro

Joe you left out the most important part of your story. Did you end up with one of those girls?

Krusty and MrB, no popping sound. No tearing feeling during the lift. I finished my entire workout without feeling anything was wrong. I was sore as hell the next day, but figured I would be simply from lifting heavy. Now I'm on week three and still sore as hell. I'm guessing you are correct that it's a minor tear. Minor because there was no discoloration or other signs of a tear. I'll switch to rotating ice and heat now to see if it helps any.

T-bar said:
Joe you left out the most important part of your story. Did you end up with one of those girls?

Krusty and MrB, no popping sound. No tearing feeling during the lift. I finished my entire workout without feeling anything was wrong. I was sore as hell the next day, but figured I would be simply from lifting heavy. Now I'm on week three and still sore as hell. I'm guessing you are correct that it's a minor tear. Minor because there was no discoloration or other signs of a tear. I'll switch to rotating ice and heat now to see if it helps any.
T-bar

Tbar lol no I didn't. Hey the girls so it was a big time lose situation. Tbar I no ya been around along time. Mister b no homo shit has sent me emails. Pics of himself he's prolly the most yacked dude I've ever seen. Like I'm a ripped as Leonidas mister b is like a Leonidas on super heavy gear dudes very fuckinh yacked bro. Any info he gives I always take in consideration. Krustus get that fixed brother. No dj didn't end up with the girls. I ended up fucked hey I got a slut right now here I picked up at the bar last night, lol an I'm about take her home I could give ya info on that lmao. Talk wit u guys whenever. Tbar told ya bro there lots good dudes an your starting prolly see who the guys are now. Just stay active I no the newbie things a bitch but once ya get like 60 posts man you'll be a jr.memeber hope u get yours looked at also your pec. It can't hurt anything man to make sure your okay. I no Obama has health care fucked I don't got insurance but I'd still get it looked at, right on fellas talk to my bros later

I don't mind. Having low posts kind of cracks me up after being in the 10's of thousands. It makes me feel like I might be managing my time better. 🙂

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.