Protien bars

B

Blueedge

Mywanted to up my macros slightly but not too much fat, so kinda googled a bit and amalgamated a few ideas recipes together.
Bars Recepie consist of (UK ingredients)
170g peanut butter,(smooth)
400ml 1%milk,
10g honey,
320grm protein pwd. (My protein impact whey, unflavored)
90g raisins,
326g oats. (Asda Mornlake oats)

Put peanut butter, milk and honey in a bowl micro on full for 2 1/2min and mix together,once mixed add protein powder.
Should look like this.

Add raisins and mix, then add about a 1/4 of the oats,mix in add another 1/4 mix, so on till you've mixed all the oats in thoroughly.I use a fork but hands ,wooden spoon or whatever is easy for you.

put mix in baking tray and spread out evenly.I put mine in the oven @200c for 5 mins just set a bit but you dont have too.

After 5 mins in oven.

Cut into 16 bars, put in the fridge overnight.

Then cut them out of baking tray and stick in a tub for whenever.

The macros work out per bar as:
Calories: 241
Fat: 8.5
Carbs: 26
Protein: 22
Sodium: 2.4
Fibers: 2.6
Sugars: 6.1

They are a nice treat, very moist, if you want them sweeter drizzle some honey over top before consuming.
You can also add chopped nuts dried fruit,some splenda if you like sweet things.Flavored protien,nesquick or flavoring in milk,the options are endless,use your imagination,but dont forget to add the extra macros to the finished bars.

Juggle the protien powder and oats to fit your requirements.Hope this helps you to attain your daily balance of nutrients as it has made that xtra difference to mine.

Ok so I know it's in uk measurements which sucks ...but there is no perfect way to make these...just use the ingredients as a guide to customize them to your taste and needs...I added raisins ,cranberries, walnuts,almonds to mine...the key is getting consistency right ...after u mix it up good taste it..it's gonna taste the same baked...so adjust ingredients to suit your taste before baking

I love making my own protein bars. I even thought about selling them at my gym for a few bux, sure beats the $7 shakes they have there.

I am always looking for protein bar recipes.

bars so damn pricey, i been getting cheap Wal Mart 1's

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.