Pyramid vs Steady Eddie

tunaman7

I will be the best me I can be!
Jacked Immortal
EG Freak
Mutated
Fully Loaded
EG Cash
Brothers and Sisters...I wanna get some advice. I'm considering running my test E in the following cycle

Week 1 = 500
week 2 = 625
Week 3 = 750
week 4 = 875
Week 5 = 1000
week 6 = 875
Week 7 = 625
Week 8 = 500

Total would be 6500mg. If I run the same amount on a steady dose it would be a little over 800mg per week.

Which one is a better approach?

I have actually been really pleased and surprised at the results I have got off doing 3 week cycles at a steady dose. Do 3 weeks of say test e then switch to something different for 3 weeks like sust or test c, switching every 3 weeks seems to be doing wonders for me and I don't have to go extreme on the dose and my body responds real well to it.

Thanks
TMM

Why change the dose every week? That will just have hormones bouncing around. Not trying sound like a dick, just honestly asking, whats the point of that? I would just run the 800 per week

Pyramiding works. Also what TMM is saying about switching compounds every few weeks I have found to be very effective.

You need to give it a run and see what works for you. The only thing I noticed is that it seems short for a pyramid cycle.

jshredz said:
Pyramiding works. Also what TMM is saying about switching compounds every few weeks I have found to be very effective.

You need to give it a run and see what works for you. The only thing I noticed is that it seems short for a pyramid cycle.
jshredz
I will be running the 8 week pyramid for 16 weeks by simply repeating it over.

I been on test cyp 500 now ima do 500 test e with a extra 250 of cyp

What are your goals for this type of cycle? I mean what is the mindset behind it? Why the pyramid.What do you hope to get with this type of cycle over a conventional cycle with the same dose throughout?

Ive personally always gotten great results keeping doses the same so ive always done it this way. Not to say everyone will get the same results and as stated already,you have to go with what works best for you.

I will pyramid up but after 4-6 weeks at the same dose, by that time I seem to plateau. By upping my dose I can effectively blow through that.

It seems I plateau on test alone pretty quickly. My thinking is that with a steady increase I will keep my gains more continuous. Its simple experiment...if it don't work then it don't work but at least I will know.

For Ak and Tun,have you guys ever tried switching up your training to something different when plateauing? Ive seen many cases where clients just needed to change things up in their training to start making progress again.Both with those that cycle and natural.Ive always found that by constantly switching the routines & exercises.set.rep's,body parts trained together,rest days,etc,ive continued to make forward progress and rarely plateau any longer.

Not saying that this is the case with you guys but just something to think about.Too many times guys just blame the gear (or lack of amounts of gear) as their reason for stlled progress and so few times look to other things.

No...it's not workout related. It's more that I feel the gear isn't hitting full strength. Would an increase help kick it back up to that feeling that gear brings and we all love? Should be just an increased steady dose or pyramid up? Should I run a compound for the 4 weeks I'm coming down in dose? These are questions I have pondered and wanted to see what EG brotherhood thoght.

If be interested to see if changing doses is similar to changing / adding new compounds which I agree works, some bumps in dose might be like a new start

I agree with the others...adding new compounds would be the way to go. I prefer short ester... I'd run test/mast/tren for 4-6 weeks, then test/npp for 4-6 weeks, then test/var/drol for 6 weeks.

Akhusker said:
I will pyramid up but after 4-6 weeks at the same dose, by that time I seem to plateau. By upping my dose I can effectively blow through that.
Akhusker
This isn't really pyramiding up though, this is just bumping up. A pyramid would be a week to week bump not just upping it when you plateau after several weeks and then several weeks later upping it again. I used to do this same thing though, I would wait until I didn't see gains anymore then I would up the dose and do that each time I stopped seeing gains. It worked to break plateaus well and keep growing.

Thanks
TMM

TheMuscleMan said:
This isn't really pyramiding up though, this is just bumping up. A pyramid would be a week to week bump not just upping it when you plateau after several weeks and then several weeks later upping it again. I used to do this same thing though, I would wait until I didn't see gains anymore then I would up the dose and do that each time I stopped seeing gains. It worked to break plateaus well and keep growing.

Thanks
TMM
TheMuscleMan
Kind of what my thinking was but I would bump it weekly so I wouldn't adapt at all. But doing a steady dose until a bump is needed would definitely save gear. But of course with test E you would have to wait 5 or 6 days to see if you bumped it enough.

tunaman7 said:
Kind of what my thinking was but I would bump it weekly so I wouldn't adapt at all. But doing a steady dose until a bump is needed would definitely save gear. But of course with test E you would have to wait 5 or 6 days to see if you bumped it enough.
tunaman7
I would think that bumping it each week starting out you wouldn't know if you even need to bump it therefore wasting gear, granted you wouldn't adapt but if you can save gear and keep a lower dose why not. I would only bump if needed which would be after 4-5 weeks at first then you may be able to tell each week if you need to bump it, but the initial bump should be farther down the line than a week. I keep the same dose for 3 weeks then I switch it up all together, I don't bump it at all, one dose 3 weeks then change and repeat like that.

Thanks
TMM

Sounds sound. I have ran 500mg per week for about 6 weeks...bumped to 625 just last week and this week. So I will ride this out for another week or two and then bump when needed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.