Question!! Package delivered to a different city based on zipcode

Keith1569

Jacked
Jacked Immortal
Mutated
EG Cash
So guys as my title says, I had a package coming to me and when i checked the tracking info it said delievered to a city about 10 minutes away.

the last 3 digits of my zip are 336 and it was delivered to the zip with the last three 366

I have no idea what to do bout this! I dont want to call the post office and claim the package, incase whoever got the packaged opened it up..

I checked the shipping info i sent the guy and it was all correct, so i sippose it was just an error in writing it on the box.

Has anyone had this happen before? I am kinda freaking out! My source said he will reship but i am just concerned about this pacakage that was delivered to the wrong person.

Any info or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Keith

Don't be too concerned about this. If it went to a street in a different city that is the same name and same address then it would have been delivered. The owner of that house more than likely sent it back to the post office. You can track it there if you want. REally shouldn't be a big issue, other than the leg work of finding it.

Or...........you could just have the remailer send out a new package. Don't think anything will ever come from it. Post office doesn't open unclaimed packages, just stores them

TSizemore said:
Don't be too concerned about this. If it went to a street in a different city that is the same name and same address then it would have been delivered. The owner of that house more than likely sent it back to the post office. You can track it there if you want. REally shouldn't be a big issue, other than the leg work of finding it.

Or...........you could just have the remailer send out a new package. Don't think anything will ever come from it. Post office doesn't open unclaimed packages, just stores them
TSizemore
If you used your real name and have a tracking number it should tell you where it is. Without a real name they won't release the pack to you or at least shouldn't cause they suppose to ask for ID. Don't call ahead if it's at the post office and in your name just walk in and tell them a package for you has the wrong zip and you want to pick it up.

I have had this happen to me before and the package still got delivered to my house. The package might actually come to you because if the zip is the only thing different the PO will see it and realize its wrong.

For one what are the odds of that exact same address. The PO computer will punch in all that info and will say it doesnt exist, but it does with this very similar zip.

if the package doesnt update after it says delievered to that other po box when should i go about asking the post office about this issue? or should i just let it drop

Keith1569 said:
if the package doesnt update after it says delievered to that other po box when should i go about asking the post office about this issue? or should i just let it drop
Keith1569
I personally would let it drop and have the vendor resend.

Keith1569 said:
Thats what my thought was
Keith1569
Once it's off the tracking grid for me it would be hands off and even would reject if it somehow did show up out of the blue a few days later. Just not worth it.

I had one deliver to my neighbor,he turned around and sent it back..I had to call every post office it hit in the way here but caught it at the last one going out to sender which was ofcourse not the correct addy..

Don't trip bro.... I have had them sent across the country, the wrong way!!! Gave it two days, and it came to my house... It is the post office we're dealing with here!!!

It wil eventually come bro. I.have gotten packs that weng missing for 30 plus
days just show up later. No need to worry though mane. No one signs. 😉

If it says delivered it might be in someone elses hands and would really depend on if they want to open it and see what they got for "free" or if they are honest and take it back and say it isn't the right addy. I have had a couple things happen in the past with the system saying delivered, first I had a delivery say delivered and it wasn't at my door so I was actually able to catch the postman and he had it on the seat of his truck and he said he forgot to bring it to the door and realized it later so he scanned it as delivered even though it wasn't and he said he was going to bring it the next day, I caught him before he left my complex so whether he was telling the truth or not I will not know, second is it could be scanned delivered but not and it was taken back to post office and it will go back out to you the next day, I had this happen a couple times and I don't know why they scan it as delivered but I think it may be scanned on the way to the door then the postman sees it isn't the right addy and then takes it back with him but it has been scanned already so they just send it out next day with the right postman.

I would just hope it didn't get delivered and someone that isn't honest got it and decided hey free stuff lets see what it is and then opened it up and found your stuff at which point it becomes the persons discretion whether they want to keep it, discard it, or take it to post office or authorities. Easy for them to say hey I was expecting a package and I thought this was it and they didn't look at the address till after and then they wouldn't get in any trouble for opening it seeing it was delivered to their house.

Keep an eye on tracking and your mail the next day or two and see what happens, if it don't come I would clean house for safety sake.

DGAF--ya that was my concern is the people opening it and turning it over to the post office or authorities..

It is a very legitimate concern bro and nothing to be taken lightly. I would be stressing like crazy until I knew everything was ok, or at least until I knew what was going on.

ya, my main concern and am definitely stressing..i wish i could somehow find out whats going on! but i dont want to call the post office to find out since it says delivered. so it is in someones hands 🙁
hoping they return to sender or just toss it

I actually called on a pack that said delivered but wasn't at my doorstep and they were alittle bit of help by contacting the driver and asking him what happened.

I would say just wait a few days and see what comes of it, if nothing at your door then clean up for awhile.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest threads

Back