Roelly ‘The Beast’ Winklaar is Out of the 2020 Mr. Olympia

EG News

Iron Killer
Jacked Immortal
EG Freak
Mutated
Fully Loaded
EG Cash
Not even a week before he was set to compete in the 2020 Mr. Olympia, fan favorite Roelly Winklaar announced that he’s pulling out of bodybuilding’s biggest contest after he was diagnosed with Covid-19.

“I have tested positive for Covid-19 while in Turkey en route to the US,” Winklaar said in an Instagram post. “We have tried everything we possibly could but being Covid-19 positive there is really nothing else we can do. In the meantime some Covid-19 symptoms have presented and my focus is now on a full recovery.”

This marks the fifth competitor to drop out of the Open division—Cedric McMillan, 212 legend Flex Lewis, Nathan DeAsha, and James Hollingshead all withdrew from this year’s contest, each citing their own reason. Winklaar is the inaugural People’s Champ, a prize he won when he placed third at the 2018 Olympia.

To catch all of the exciting action of this year’s Olympia, visit OlympiaProductions.com

Continue reading...

Its a Big Loss he has to skip out of the Olympia. He was looking Real Good !!!
But Palumbo said it on HMR, if these dudes from the Middle East wouldnt wait until the last minute to travel here, especially for the biggest show in Body Building, then things like this can be averted.

that sucks. He is one of my favorite newer competitors. Kia is my favorite though.

Hopefully he'll make a solid recovery with no permanent complications so maybe next time he'll get to compete again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.