Slow deadlifts... super slow

BrotherIron

Iron Killer
Jacked Immortal
Mutated
Fully Loaded
EG Cash
I watched a vid from Mark Bell where he talked about performing slow conventional deadlifts. He would use a tempo of 4 sec up - 2 sec hold - 4 sec to lower the bar. Mark claims this training method helped him hit an all time PR pull of 705.

I wanted to ask and see if anyone has tried these super slow pulls? And have you had good results from performing them?

I'm thinking of giving them a try as one of my assisting lifts.

I watched a vid from Mark Bell where he talked about performing slow conventional deadlifts. He would use a tempo of 4 sec up - 2 sec hold - 4 sec to lower the bar. Mark claims this training method helped him hit an all time PR pull of 705.

I wanted to ask and see if anyone has tried these super slow pulls? And have you had good results from performing them?

I'm thinking of giving them a try as one of my assisting lifts.
BrotherIronI always did my deads slow, great results IMO. I see so many going up and down without any true pause, injury waiting imo plus not fully benefiting from time under tension

I always did my deads slow, great results IMO. I see so many going up and down without any true pause, injury waiting imo plus not fully benefiting from time under tension
GRIM
I've never done my pulls slow. I was always taught to move max weight, you gotta create max force. I may try these as an assisting lift. One thing I'm guilty of is never training sumo pulls which help get you in a better position for conventional pulls. All my teammates would talk serious shit if you pulled sumo so I've always been a conventional puller but I'm putting them in this fall.

I've never done my pulls slow. I was always taught to move max weight, you gotta create max force. I may try these as an assisting lift. One thing I'm guilty of is never training sumo pulls which help get you in a better position for conventional pulls. All my teammates would talk serious shit if you pulled sumo so I've always been a conventional puller but I'm putting them in this fall.
BrotherIroni never competed at Powerlifting, people always wanted me to but was never a power lifter. Funny thing my state had their big state meet and I was benching more than top place, close in other lifts as well. Ohwell 1 of those shoulda but didn't.

Ive always trained kinda inbetween pl and bb, now however weights much lighter!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.