Small Lat tear?

LittleTom

Iron Killer
Jacked Immortal
Mutated
Fully Loaded
EG Cash
I heard some things pop when I was doing pull-ups of all things.... And after the session I could not raise my arm above my head. It's been almost a week and there is bruising. I have full range of motion back but do not dare try to pull down with it. Pushing is fine. Here's a pic. Any thoughts? Not going to the doc unless it gets a lot worse. No dents or deformities and they will not do an Mri unless you are close to death or can't use the fucking thing at all.

Attachments

• image.webp
    image.webp
    26.8 KB · Views: 32
of course ole krustus ain't a doctor.. but something is torn..imho... a tear will not heal on it's own... if it's a muscle tear... most docs don't reapair those. as sewing muscle to muscle is difficult to get to hold and heal.

if it's a tendon fully torn surgery is the only option... looks like a muscle tear to me... if it's not too tender you should be able to feel the tendon if it's still attached. if the tendon is not attached there will be some serious sagging of that lat muscle..

my pec tear happened in june... i might could safely bench 225 right now... recently did 185 for 3x10...don't want to push it as i will always have some muscle missing on that side so... building back up slowly and knowing i'll never be what i once was on bench..(had hit 365 easy ..no spotter as i workout alone).. i hope to max again around 300

oh and i have had tiny tears in my hammys years ago that looked like bruises from a pellet gun... never had any bad effects after they healed.... maybeyour damage is that small... i hope so brother.

but if it's a tear on par with my recent pec tear...it's gonna suck... but not he end of the world...there are jacked dudes in wheelchairs!..you just have to learn to work around it and get it back as strong as you can

Thanks Krustus. I don't feel anything lose or unattached. I can still press a unloaded bar over my head with zero pain. Full range of motion. No sagging or deformity. I think, like you said it's some small tears. I'm gonna work around it and take it easy as far as any pulling motions. Just sucks being in the middle of a great cycle. I saw your bruising and other pics of tears and mine has not gotten any worse then the pic above. That was a three days ago. Always appreciate your input brother.

no problem friend....hope it is nothing.

...i've had to shorten my range of motion over the years for fear of injuries...rarely do i touch my chest bench...i never dead hang on chins...etc... just something to think about as it helped me...

my pec tear happened out of the weight room... i never touched my chest in the weight room

i had a small tear , no bruising but I had a gummy worm in my arm for a few months doc said don't do that thing that makes it hurt for 2 months. you have bruising so some blood leaked , id go get looked at soon so you know if its just some fried muscle tissue or more serious

In the future LT...if you dont already, stretch the muscle for 15-20 secs after EVERY set.

I believe Krustus is spot on with his advice and Diagnosis. Both our wives are nurses and mine said the same words exactly..

I did a moderate workout tonight, curls, dips push-ups, presses. All below normal weight but I felt fine. The worst part is when I injured it I was not doing anything out of the norm. It just went and I could tell something happened. I losen up and warm up pretty well so it's one of those things that just happen. Now I'm nervous it's gonna happen again. Just sucks.

Based on the coloring, in my opinion you have a slight tear.
I say light based on the description of your symptoms. I had a slight tear in my pec this year but got lucky and recovered quickly from it. Took a week off completely from training chest and trained very light for a few weeks after.
I immediately treated it with bpc-157.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1447730082535.webp
    uploadfromtaptalk1447730082535.webp
    29.7 KB · Views: 18
LT... take it easy on that lat for a while too... don't want to make it worse... i hope it's a very slight tear or partial tear and heals quickly... but don't risk making it worse...take it easy on anything that puts weight on that lat..

i will be taking it easy on my pec for at least 6 months...maybe a year before pushing it hard... and never will i push as hard as before... would like to bench 300-315 again but not more. 405 will never be in my future

I have had my share of injuries,actually still have some small tears in my shoulder tendons(I have to stretch more).I am hoping and it sounds like a slight tear just rest it brother,sometimes it takes time and we get frustrated.Take care of yourself LT.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.