So, uh don’t open a gym...

Chicken_hawk

Pumped
Jacked Immortal
EG Freak
Mutated
EG Cash
What’s up brothers and sisters? I know I ain’t been around much but the new gym was sucking the life out of me. I was contracting all day then I’d head to the gym and train then close at 9:00. It was too much when combined with losing money every month. I’m not looking for sympathy as it will pay off dividends one day and was my idea. But, currently I’m broke but I did scrape enough together to install a code lock for the door which allows me to leave sooner and skip Sunday altogether. So, that has been liberating.

We have around 40 members but need 70 to break even. All our members are awesome and are serious which is what you get when you cost more than all the competition. Zero dbags or hoes which is what we wanted as well. There is great energy and camaraderie at night which is so cool. Most people only use head phones for sets and then take them out to socialize. There is constant criticism and coaching between the members like you have never seen. It’s a truly unique environment . So, it is exactly what I wanted but growing slower than I expected. But, if I can hold the course we will be the only gym of our kind in the city. I suspect spring and some trouble at a few of our competitors to drive numbers up soon.

A few pieces of advice for entrepreneurs if I may. 1. Don’t count on any more than a small handful of friend, 3 or 4 at most. I like to think I’m not an ahole and only one of my friends is here. 2. Relates to number 1 and that is understand people’s true loyalty. I had the impression from others that they knew a lot of serious lifters. Turns out they were serious about chasing tail or getting addaboys for being the biggest guy so coming to our gym would mess with

damn bro hope things pick up, right promo cost savings etc can go a long ways

damn bro hope things pick up, right promo cost savings etc can go a long ways
GRIM
We do little things that we can afford. Our social media campaign is pretty good too. In reality we will benefit most as people get sick of their existing gym. And the 3 local competitors are really dropping the ball. Two where just sold and downsized and another must be dieing as they're are selling memberships for $10 a month. I hate to look at it that way, but everyone else has contracts so it takes a lot for people to skip.

Hawk

1st year is the toughest. 1st three years are the investing period, year 4 is profit time.... Stay the course if possible!

1st year is the toughest. 1st three years are the investing period, year 4 is profit time.... Stay the course if possible!
TSizemoreWe will hold fast. I can see the vision every day in small scale. The gym is exactly what we want it to be just 30 members short of being in the black. So, one day at a time, one member at a time.

Hawk

Keep it up bro, don’t give up on the dream !!!
It’ll work out bro !!!

Keep it up bro, don’t give up on the dream !!!
It’ll work out bro !!!

Hope everything keeps progressing forward for you. Like u said it won't happen overnight. But one member a week, a month doesn't matter cuz ur going to achieve your goal. On the contract portion did you say that you dont have contracts or do when you were referring to the other gyms? I personally won't sign a contract cuz i know myself and my body. I am usually good for about 8-9 months then my body tells me to rest lol. Anyway still wishing you nothing but the best bro

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk

Hope everything keeps progressing forward for you. Like u said it won't happen overnight. But one member a week, a month doesn't matter cuz ur going to achieve your goal. On the contract portion did you say that you dont have contracts or do when you were referring to the other gyms? I personally won't sign a contract cuz i know myself and my body. I am usually good for about 8-9 months then my body tells me to rest lol. Anyway still wishing you nothing but the best bro

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk
suraonyx23
You're totally right. It's just a matter of when and not if. If I had some work contracting I would probably be in better spirits. Its been slow and it's still cold AF here so I am struggling to make ends meet at home and the gym.

And we don't have contracts but you have the option to auto pay which the member can turn on or off at their discretion.

Hawk

You're totally right. It's just a matter of when and not if. If I had some work contracting I would probably be in better spirits. Its been slow and it's still cold AF here so I am struggling to make ends meet at home and the gym.

And we don't have contracts but you have the option to auto pay which the member can turn on or off at their discretion.

Hawk
Chicken_hawkEver think of adding a locked in contract at reduced rate? Prob more trouble than its worth but gotta look at even bad ideas 😛

Good luck with everything Hawk. I wish you were near me; I'd surely join

Nothing beats word-of-mouth. Maybe one day a month offer a bring a friend for free day? That might help get some members.

And if that doesn’t, you can always go cause trouble at other gyms so people would want to join your Serious drama free gym haha. Jk. Or am I?

Nothing beats word-of-mouth. Maybe one day a month offer a bring a friend for free day? That might help get some members.

And if that doesn’t, you can always go cause trouble at other gyms so people would want to join your Serious drama free gym haha. Jk. Or am I?
d3r3k
You're so right there. One local gym just downsized by 50% last week and we have gotten a few visitors who say the dbags are now too close LOL. We are diametrically opposite of every other club in our area.

Hawk

If you add a men's only, towel-optional sauna area, you will get at least two new members---Grim and Tsize.

If you add a men's only, towel-optional sauna area, you will get at least two new members---Grim and Tsize.
R2D2pfff couldnt be more wrong bro but 1 gym i went to had a sauna area, true story guy dude i know posts on fb all the time asking if anyone wants to join him

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.