Mad Referrer
Jacked Immortal
EG Auction Sniper
VIP Member
Shout Master
Mutated
Fully Loaded
EG Cash
...the wifey and I went up ther for about 10 days....half fishing off Kodiak island,,,,,here are a few pics of our catch and just some of the awesome scenery and wildlife.....

One days catch...IMG_20210716_170836475_HDR.webp

I woke up to this every morning...IMG_20210715_055953871_HDR.webp

A 90lb Halibut...took about 30min to bring in the boat...IMG_20210715_171924776_HDR.webp

....more...

One evening off the deck of our lodge...IMG_20210715_070307866.webp

A waterfall that we could hike to from our lodge. There were salmon in the pool right below it and was hoping to catch a Kodiak bear feeding but no such luck...IMG_20210716_194217690_2.webp

One pic off our charter boat...IMG_20210717_090353451_HDR.webp

Another days catch...IMG_20210717_181553730_HDR.webp

My wife catch her first ever King Salmon...IMG_20210716_101109275.webp

Another days catch on the deck of the boat...IMG_20210716_170836475_HDR (1).webp

Dang 01. Caught your limit lol

Wow that’s awesome! I would love to make that trip. We have some good ground fishing here but nothing like that!

Wow that’s awesome! I would love to make that trip. We have some good ground fishing here but nothing like that!
Main3iac10If you like to fish brotha.... make this at the top of your bucket list. You will absolutely not regret it. I see if I can find more pics of the scenery and post 'em. Maybe it will help you take the plunge.

Right on, the lady and I are Florida Keys vacationers and we fish almost every day when down… Alaska though is on my bucket list. My brother did the king salmon run years ago fishing across the rivers from bears, said it was insane.

View previous replies…
Nice pics 01, now I want to go up to Alaska!

Nice pic of the bear walking by you, and bet it wanted to be your friend!

Nice pics 01, now I want to go up to Alaska!

Nice pic of the bear walking by you, and bet it wanted to be your friend!
IronFoxThanks IF. So many things to do in Alaska.....especially if your the 'Outdoorsman'. If you like to fish or hunt.....its your paradise.

I will say that it was not cheap......nothing is really cheap in Alaska especially if your not a resident. The charter we had was off Kodiak Island in a small town called Port Lions.....no internet, no cell phone service,....the lodge didn't even have a TV so not even sure if that was available. But its not like we would have been watching much TV anyways......was out fishing from 8-4 everyday.....was awesome.

Yeah.....that bear pic was actually at a the wildlife refuge....they rescue hurt or sick wildlife. That is the typical 'Brown' bear that you see on the mainland. The 'Kodiak' bear is kinda like a hybrid of the Brown bear but they are only exclusively living on Kodiak Island.....no other area in Alaska or Canada.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest threads

Back