SPF Ironman results

jeff5150

Pumped
Jacked Immortal
Mutated
EG Cash
well after what was a pretty amazing weekend, im back to work and able to sit down and write this out. i ended up getting sick after leaving Columbus from the Arnold expo a couple weeks ago. mainly just a horrible sinus infection, but i really run me down. about 4 days before weigh ins i was able to eat again and not just pick at food. so i said screw it and shoved everything i could in my mouth for the last couple days and ended up weighing in about 6lbs over, lol. no big deal, wasn't really shooting for a specific class, just a specific total. BUT!!!! the big deal from the weekend was getting to see Sam Byrd break the ALL TIME 220 raw squat record with a massive 915lb squat!! such an awesome sight and Sam is such a humble and powerful man. got lucky enough to chat with him for a few minutes. now for my no where near that level results.... my meet goal was 1600 total for reference.
M 40-44
SHW (314)
Squat: 625
Bench: 370
Deadlift: 605
Total: 1600 on the nose.....
Wilks: 405
Meet PR of 155lbs and a 1 year PR from this exact same meet of 475lbs.... i was very pleased with my results, even though i left about 35-45lbs on the platform. mostly in squat, guys with me said i was good for a solid 650-660, but i played it safe and went for my goal total and didnt try to play the hero..... this does qualify me for the GPC World Championships in Las Vegas this September, but not 100% if i will make it. not gonna be a cheap trip.
as for my next few months, my training will be a bit more volume and shorter rest to help boost cardio health and drop some much unwanted body fat.

thats an amazing squat.. wish I had seen it live i will look for it on youtube, sounds like you did pretty well, glad you hit your goal

My buddy won the bench press comp. There, pretty amazing to watch! He pressed the world record but disqualified it due to not having 3 international judges to confirm a world record.

Glad you made your goal! Now shoot for 1700!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.