Stopper turned into mush

blasson

Iron Killer
Jacked Immortal
EG Freak
Mutated
Fully Loaded
EG Cash
Anyone had this happen before? I was going through my stash and seen an amp I have that i never opened.. the top was off so I pulled it out and this is what I got... it's fucking mush and dissolving.. weird shit. I'm going to throw it away but has anyone ever had that happen? Another pic of the bottle

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1443479667361.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1443479667361.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 51
  • uploadfromtaptalk1443479781429.webp
    uploadfromtaptalk1443479781429.webp
    121.5 KB · Views: 52
damn it man I would be scared of that shit..looks like it got ate by acid

It was stored in a controlled area. In a cushioned ziploc with 5 other bottles from dif. Ugls. Not Nota single drop of oil inside or anything. The cap was on about 3 months ago last I looked in that bag.. so I know Noone tampered with it... weird as fuck man

blasson said:
It was stored in a controlled area. In a cushioned ziploc with 5 other bottles from dif. Ugls. Not Nota single drop of oil inside or anything. The cap was on about 3 months ago last I looked in that bag.. so I know Noone tampered with it... weird as fuck man
blasson
Did you contact the source? Maybe he can swap it out for you.Definitely bizarre.

I got it from an auction on another board months ago. Don't even remember who it was from haha. It's only 2ml so no biggie I was just curious to see if that shit happened before to someone. Definitely something new to me.

It looks like stopper was contaminated with a solvent.
That would explain the delayed reaction.

blasson said:
Anyone had this happen before? I was going through my stash and seen an amp I have that i never opened.. the top was off so I pulled it out and this is what I got... it's fucking mush and dissolving.. weird shit. I'm going to throw it away but has anyone ever had that happen? Another pic of the bottle
blasson
Looks to me a lot like the kind of damage ethyl oleate does to a rubber stopper (It could be other solvents, but EO eats rubber pretty bad). This is why gear should always be stored upright

erikgearhead said:
Looks to me a lot like the kind of damage ethyl oleate does to a rubber stopper (It could be other solvents, but EO eats rubber pretty bad). This is why gear should always be stored upright
erikgearheadI see! It was definitely side ways as they all are due to the way I keep them in bubble wrap ziplocs. It's a way to hide them in my spot and not have to worry about them getting damaged but I guess I failed after all. I'll find a better way now to keep them up right!

erikgearhead said:
erikgearhead
Yeah its sure does. If you preload syringes you notice if you let it sit for a week or two the plunger can get warped and get jammed into placed.

I have never seen that before, I have gear in my stash that is years old and it is perfectly fine. If that is a solvent issue then it is other than BA and BB, and another reason we dont use any other kinds of chemicals in our gear, not only do they smell bad and people have allergic reactions to them now we see that they can eat the stoppers away!!

Thanks
TMM

I've preloaded a syringe with TNE and it melted plastic a bit and turned the oil dark brown. It had guacanol (sp?) in it. Looks like it was contaminated as mentioned above, or the stopper was eaten by something the oil contains. How does the inside of the stopper look? Either way looks like a bullet might have been dodged by not injecting it. Lol

The inside of the stopper actually looks okay. But that could be because of the compression and angle I'm able to see it at. It's also a small bottle 2ml so the neck is tiny.

I know it wasn't heat since my house never exceeds 75deg inside. Usually keep it at 70 all day.

Yea dodged a bullet for sure! I took that bag out to inject that. And use it up before I opened a 10ml bottle. Haha would be in some pain right about now!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.