Stretching - before, after...or never?

Now, I stretch before every session and after but before chemo and shit I never did. Feel the difference now, if I don’t I can guarantee I’ll cramp. I’m turning into a large vagina

Hows your electrolyte intake? Cramping can be due to inefficient amounts of sodium, calcium, potassium, and magnesium in the body.

i need to start stretching more

i stretch before, during and after seems to help with my old ass

Depending what I'm training sometimes I end up training before and after especially with legs.

I think some people confuse the idea of stretching so they can get into a better position which is not what stretching does. Stretching elongates the muscle. What I think more people should do it mobility work... being able to move a joint through its FULL range of motion without restriction or hindrance.

I stretch every morning for 20 min and do 20 min of mobility work before training every night, with a focus on that muscle group I'll be training. Ever since starting, I've had zero injuries

How did you develop this program? What stretches do you do and what mobility work? Did you read a book that showed you what to do? I'm trying to get better with this stuff.

What the post should have said is that sometimes I stretch before training and after. Guess I should read what I write sometimes. Duh

A good book you can online is Becoming a Supple Leopard by Starret. That book goes into detail about mobility work which will help you to move through your joint's ROM.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.