Supplements for 17 year old

zombieslayer

Iron Killer
Jacked Immortal
EG Freak
Mutated
Fully Loaded
EG Cash
What supplements are safe for 17 year old to take?

My son drinks a whey protein shake post workout.
Is there any potential problems from that?

Is it safe for him to take a pre-workout for energy and stamina?
I wouldn't give him a full dose, I can't even take more than a quarter dose of preworkout myself.

Also, what about creatine?

Anyway, I'm talking about safe generally speaking.

AND, in particular, I wouldn't want to do anything that would/could shortcut his full natural developmental potential.

He's having good results, but just seeing what else could help maximize his efforts.

honestly... as he is a minor and not really making decisions on his own... i would stick to only protein shakes.. preworkout...hmmm... not sure about.. just don't want to over stimulate. my boy is already pretty wound up..

but protein or weight gainers are basically just powdered food to help with the meals and protein intake... so i see no issue with that.. and maybe bcaa drink like xtend during workouts...

i would say stick to basics and teach the youngster how to properly EAT and THINK and BEHAVE.

learn him to cook and cook fresh food, good eggs and veggies, teach him about travel and to live life and about thinking for him/herself

i have yet to meet a person who really needs protein fart powders, let alone preworkouts. pre workouts are like self motivation books. if you need them then you arent motivated anyway, it has to come from inside. when i was 17, 3 people couldnt hold me down and stop me, i was sporting for 6hrs per day and playing and jumping. no way a 17 yr old needs a preworkout. the lesser supplements the better in my opinion. everything can and is found in food and nature.

Keep him eating right and away from girls lol

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

keep him away from GNC LOL. Money go bye bye. Go buy him a grill instead and some delicious meat.

When my son was 17 and in football.. I got him a nutritionist and trainer and limited time for bulk from season to season we just kept it with protein or weight gainers.. at one point he was at 5000 Cal's per day .. which is insane . Most of it carbs.. but weekly check ins he actually lost bf and gained lean muscle.. bulked up to 205 in time for senior year.. he was accused of anabolics .. but it was just lots of work and eating like a horse

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Thank you Brothers!!!

That's what I was thinking.
I didn't figure he needed to mess with anything other protein/weight gainers.

I know motivation is key and he is, but he does have a full schedule.
He's in high school doing mid-level college courses, and works 15-20 hours per week.

Since, he's not playing competitive sports this year, he has really gotten into lifting and is making good progress.
I'm just wondered if he should drink something with some git-up-and-go in it as a preworkout on those days when he needs some extra energy for his workout.

He drinks coffee with breakfast for his early classes a couple days per week, and occassionally drinks an energy drink.

But he doesn't drink either before his workout.
So I figure he could try drink one as a preworkout drink.

(Maybe I'm being too cautious, and I know he's not 9 any more.
He's man-sized, but I don't want to tell him something that could harm him later.)

Does it sound like coffee or an energy drink as a preworkout, for the days he's tired, would be ok?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest threads

Back