test

Is that a small basketball in her pants. So I clicked on the dirty image i wish I had that VPN set up.

why would a animated gif would cause security issues?
im not saying they don't i just curious what it is.

the animated gif itself doesn't, boards however have been compromised from images being uploaded with malicious code added.
The setup here rencodes the images to strip any possible malicious code out, it however can also stop animated gifs in the process.

ok got ya.
i like animated gif sometimes they can be funny

yes they can be, in such a case link to them? id prefer not to open a possible door even if slight....

Hotlinking. For gifs and pics is fine. They aren't uploaded to the server so they pose no risk.

They are imbedded but use the bandwidth server from homesite to show the image.

allowing them loaded directly in the forum is a HUGE security risk....
Bar none the easiest way to track those users who are not using vpn protection, and also gives the ability to do more sinister items such as insert tracking cookies into your system.

I will not allow that, if a user wishes to click a link that is sanitized as much as i can do by our referral stripping system that is up to them.

Allowing third party image loads however is a HUGE security risk, it breaks the ssl encryption, it allows anyone to track your movements and more....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.