THE MURPH

A

APACHE SOLDIER

So I was recently having a short discussion with TSizemore about cardio and bodyweight exercises which is mostly what I have been doing lately instead of lifting.... SO he suggested THE MURPH, let me tell you now - THE MURPH, Aint NO PUNK BITCH!

Breakdown- Run one mile... complete 100 pullups, 200 pushups, and 300 squats. and finish with one mile for time.

So I told T I would try it tonight... was super amped about it and took his advice by breaking the pullups , pushups and squats into 10 sets.... fuck me running I am completely exhausted but I love it. I sweat my fucking ass off. which I want to do. I mean NO THIS ISN'T bodybuilding and youre damn right I sacrificed form but it was a beast of a workout, GREAT for burning Calories which is my goal right now to cut weight. and I completed it in 49 minutes which is perfect for keeping my cardio under an hour. Definitely a permanent part of my regiment now. THANKS TS for the badass addition to my cutting phase brother!

that sounds pretty brutal dude, and great conditioning.

sent from a hole in the bozone layer.

APACHE SOLDIER said:
So I was recently having a short discussion with TSizemore about cardio and bodyweight exercises which is mostly what I have been doing lately instead of lifting.... SO he suggested THE MURPH, let me tell you now - THE MURPH, Aint NO PUNK BITCH!

Breakdown- Run one mile... complete 100 pullups, 200 pushups, and 300 squats. and finish with one mile for time.

So I told T I would try it tonight... was super amped about it and took his advice by breaking the pullups , pushups and squats into 10 sets.... fuck me running I am completely exhausted but I love it. I sweat my fucking ass off. which I want to do. I mean NO THIS ISN'T bodybuilding and youre damn right I sacrificed form but it was a beast of a workout, GREAT for burning Calories which is my goal right now to cut weight. and I completed it in 49 minutes which is perfect for keeping my cardio under an hour. Definitely a permanent part of my regiment now. THANKS TS for the badass addition to my cutting phase brother!
APACHE SOLDIERNo Problem, Glad to be a help!!!! And DUDE, THAT IS ONE BAD ASS TIME!!!! 8) Congrats!

Holy crap. I don't think I'd come close. I can barely get my 4x12 wb pull-ups. Barely. Great time too. Keep at it. How often you do this?

All that sounds fun and enticing except for the .................oh shit the one exercise i absolutely hate.........RUNNING!!!

Swampjuice said:
All that sounds fun and enticing except for the .................oh shit the one exercise i absolutely hate.........RUNNING!!!
SwampjuiceBUMP

RockShawn said:
Holy crap. I don't think I'd come close. I can barely get my 4x12 wb pull-ups. Barely. Great time too. Keep at it. How often you do this?
RockShawn this was my first time, I'm going to try to do this three times a week. The second mile kind of sucked. Everything was tight. Woke up sore and it's progressed. T the key was ten sets. That really helped... I wanted to stop a few times, about half way through I almost decided I was good, but I wanted to see my time...and my chick didn't think I could do it so I wasn't coming home until I was done. Thanks guys, never know what you can do until you try!!!

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

APACHE SOLDIER said:
RockShawn said:
RockShawn this was my first time, I'm going to try to do this three times a week. The second mile kind of sucked. Everything was tight. Woke up sore and it's progressed. T the key was ten sets. That really helped... I wanted to stop a few times, about half way through I almost decided I was good, but I wanted to see my time...and my chick didn't think I could do it so I wasn't coming home until I was done. Thanks guys, never know what you can do until you try!!!

Good stuff, Apache!! Next time I will definitely not do it the same way. 50 push ups and 75 squats at a time wasn't so bad, but 25 pull ups Killed me!!! At least now, I tested my strategy out vicariously through you.....Lol

APACHE SOLDIER said:
RockShawn said:

Hahah ... that's right brother. Good deal man.

I do the Murph workout. I also do sets of Cindy, Barbara, Chelsea and the other WOD's. I love cross fit.

millenium girl said:
I do the Murph workout. I also do sets of Cindy, Barbara, Chelsea and the other WOD's. I love cross fit.
millenium girlThere are aspects of it that are real beneficial! And some.............not so much!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.