The science behind cannabinoids is clear: marijuana helps brain achieve breakthr

F.I.S.T.

Iron Killer
Jacked Immortal
EG Freak
Mutated
Board Donator
Fully Loaded
EG Cash
The science behind cannabinoids is clear: marijuana helps brain achieve breakthroughs in learning, consciousness and understanding
Monday, September 14, 2015 by: Jonathan Benson, staff write

(NaturalNews) A great misunderstanding regarding the therapeutic value of the cannabis plant persists, even within some reform circles. Marijuana is often lumped into the same category as cigarettes, hard drugs, and even alcohol, with the latest trend being to designate cannabis as "less harmful" than these other substances. In reality, cannabis isn't actually harmful at all, and it can help improve the way people think, process and understand information, and even function physically.

If you think of your brain as a computer hard drive that is constantly being imprinted with new information in the form of magnetized particles, cannabis and its associated cannabinoid constituents are the organizing and formatting tools that the drive uses to erase bad data, rearrange and reconfigure important data, and maintain and optimize the drive. In other words, cannabis is what helps keep certain parts of the brain tidy and well-performing.

This is a somewhat oversimplified analogy, but it gets at the heart of what cannabis is and is not, why it's beneficial to human physiology, and ultimately why the economic and social engineers don't want you to have it. Cannabis is much like a "counselor" for the brain, science has revealed, acting specifically on cannabinoid receptors inherent to both the cerebellum and basal ganglia, which govern coordination of movement, and in the limbic system's hippocampus, which "gates" information during the consolidation of memory.
[size=18pt]
As the "grease" of the brain, cannabis doesn't alter dopamine production like alcohol, cigarettes and hard drugs do

Crucial to a proper understanding of how cannabis affects the human brain is recognizing the fact that the brain was made for cannabis. Cannabinoids help bridge the gap between brain neurons, which are known as synapses, acting in ways that help positively regulate brain chemistry. When used appropriately, cannabis can help individuals break bad habits or learn new things. One source refers to cannabinoids as the "grease" that keeps the brain in tip-top shape, enabling mental growth and positive change.

"If cannabis were unknown, and bioprospectors were suddenly to find it in some remote mountain crevice, its discovery would no doubt be hailed as a medical breakthrough," reported The Economist back in 2006 about the amazing wonders of cannabis. "Scientists would praise its potential for treating everything from pain and cancer, and marvel at its rich pharmacopoeia -- many of whose chemical mimic vital molecules in the human body."

Unlike alcohol, tobacco, amphetamines, cocaine and heroin, cannabis doesn't interfere with the body's natural production of dopamine, a foundational characteristic of drugs that induce physical dependence and have the potential to be abused. Cannabis exhibits no reinforcing properties, and the brain does not appear to have any cannabinoid receptors in dopamine-producing neurons.

"Marijuana is distinguished from most other illicit drugs by the locations of its brain-receptor sites for two predominant reasons: (1) The lack of receptors in the medulla significantly reduces the possibility of accidental, or even deliberate, death from THC, and (2) the lack of receptors in the mesocorticolimbic pathway significantly reduces the risks of addiction and serious physical dependence," wrote Jon Gettman in a 1995 review of cannabis and how it affects the human brain.

"As a therapeutic drug, these features are God's greatest gifts."

Is cannabis the "gateway" to renewed understanding and positive mental breakthroughs?

If cannabis works outside the brain reward system, how exactly does it work? Israeli researcher Raphael Mechoulam, the man who first isolated the structure of tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, found that cannabinoids bind to receptor sites throughout the brain that are responsible for regulating how the brain processes events and information, translating this into movements, moods and emotions.

"Cannabis is used by man not for its actions on memory of movement or movement coordination, but for its actions on memory and emotions," Mechoulam once stated. "Is it possible that the main task of cannabinoid receptors ... (is) to modify our emotions, to serve as the links which transmit or transform or translate objective or subjective events into perceptions and emotions?"

A more recent study delineated further how cannabinoids can help mitigate reactionary aggression while improving social interactions. In other words, the nutrient chemicals present in cannabis act as modulators to keep a person stable and aware, and they might even help people overcome bad habits or unhealthy negative perceptions, which is why many people find relief from chronic depression and other mood disorders from using cannabis.

Although there is still much to learn about cannabis and cannabis-derived cannabinoids, including how they act in conjunction with the body's own endocannabinoid system (a system of the body that produces endogenous cannabinoids) to promote nervous system health, the available science makes it clear that cannabis is far from harmful. In fact, it might just be the key to healing mentally, physically and spiritually for many people.

Sources for this article include:

UKCIA.org

Economist.com

YouTube.com

ScienceDirect.com[/size]

I don't know. I'm going to have to disagree here.
Now I'm basing my opinion on what i have seen from professionals i used to work that smoked Marijuana.
In all cases i felt like they were more and more dependant to the point they had to smoke weed everyday. Their work performance took a downfall and their motivation at work really took a dive. Honestly felt like half the time they were in a depressed state and only seemed happy when they were high.
This has been case I've seen from the habitual user. Not referring to the casual user ( once a month or every few week type)

Uhhhh .... what was the question again?

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that cheeseburger>?

I will say weed did help me earn quite a few A's in my early days of college, however, it does have a demotivating edge to it. I could not sit still as a child and young adult, mj allowed me to do that. I went from c's and d's in high school to straight a's in college with a couple of hard science degrees in my pocket.

So little is really known about the brain, this article is pretty flawed. Anyone calling cannabinoids grease for the brain does not understand neurology and is taking something out of context. Face it, MJ kills your short term memory, but it can slow you down enough to comprehend in a way some brains need. Some people think so fast the memory is a small price to pay for thinking more analytically. Racing thoughts become more fluid and become more logical in nature. Everyone is so different. This was just a personal experience.

There is a psychological addiction that can over time become a real habit.

I am def more productive without this substance but many add or adhd personalities find it useful to slow things down so they can concentrate in many ways they could not before. It does affect your mood. ADHD personalities can be very moody so this allows them to relax. We get moody because we have 5 things going on in our brain at once. We are thinking about so many other things than the average person. I know there are many of you going damn, that's me. Well you most likely have ADD or ADHD.

It is also fat soluble so you don't really have to smoke it all them time to affect your mood and personality.

I knew math and engineering majors who studied with the stuff just to slow them down a little bit. I took tons of tests in organic chemistry and aced them. One time I blew bongs before the final exam. Went in freaking out, but once I settled in I was the first one done with 100 percent. LOL There are tons of users and data which supports the draw for add or adhd personalities.

I tend to stay away from this stuff, maybe once a year or so and not for those reasons. I learned to do what I need without this stuff and it was the best decision of my life. Screwed up some parts while made other parts more productive. I don't recommend the substance but I def think it is less destructive than most other prescription drugs or alcohol.

jshredz said:
I don't know. I'm going to have to disagree here.
Now I'm basing my opinion on what i have seen from professionals i used to work that smoked Marijuana.
In all cases i felt like they were more and more dependant to the point they had to smoke weed everyday. Their work performance took a downfall and their motivation at work really took a dive. Honestly felt like half the time they were in a depressed state and only seemed happy when they were high.
This has been case I've seen from the habitual user. Not referring to the casual user ( once a month or every few week type)
jshredz
The body tries extremely hard to keep homeostasis, as we all should know from using AAS. When someone habitually smokes marijuana, hormones and other things in the body adjust. So when someone is a habitual user, and isn't currently smoking, they're technically in part of what we call a withdrawal symptom. The difference between marijuana withdrawal and withdrawal from other drugs, is that the withdrawal is mainly from emotional dependence rather than physical dependence. Hard/real drugs cause both emotional and physical dependence.

I'd like to see a lot more research done on this topic, but separating the benefits of CBD (the non-psychoactive component of cannabis) and THC (the psychoactive component of cannabis that gets you high) needs to be done.

CBD makes major improvements in the lives of people with epilepsy; It calms the physical and emotional response to stimuli. The same goes for depression. To me, this seems to be the most important factor in the healing properties of cannabis. It's literally the opposite of what AAS does for us.

People who smoke pot are not necessarily dumb. The way many people would consider artsy/creative people dumb, is the same way you're looking at people who smoke marijuana as being dumb. Left brained vs right brained. Smoking marijuana shifts the balance in favor of emotion/creative thinking, it doesn't make someone "dumb."

To support my point, I'd like to reference how the vast majority of men think women are dumb, and the vast majority of women think men are dumb. Men tend to think based on more logic/reasoning, and women tend to make decisions/think based more on creativity/emotion.

That being said, a high stress/demanding job is not the kind of job you want to have if you want to smoke pot more than occasionally. It has the tendency to really sap motivation.

Anything in moderation. If a person smokes everyday or multiple times a day it then becomes part of their day as opposed to the occasional toker where it's used for sensation and relaxation...oh and sex! But in everyday use its more "I have to toke so I feel normal". That's because you forgot what normal feels like. It's not an addiction per se'...its what they think normal is. And we all want to feel normal.

I like weed yall. I think they should legalize it. I've used it a lot for stress especially while running a mean ass cycle. But always but your priorities first before your a gonna smoke. It can lead to people being addicts an having smoke it all day long. Just an honest opinion

Lot of great feedback on this guys.Im indifferent on this topic in terms of 1,I see it far safer than most prescription drugs that are on the market and legal today and 2,in regards to the centuries that its been utilized for both medicinal value and for recreational use as proving itself to be safe.

Now as most of you have stated,its the ABUSE of it that I see causing the majority,if not all of the possible negative health issues with it.As with ANYTHING,normal,non-abusive use is the way to go.I also believe that the OTHER rec drugs that many,if not most pot smokers abuse is where the real health/mental issues arise. I can say from personal experience,although I haven't smoked weed in many yrs,I did do quite a bit of it back in my day and it didnt hurt me any. 8)

Now as far as this study goes,not sure but according to the study the proof is there to connect the 2.I would also like to see more research into this.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.