Iron Killer
Jacked Immortal
EG Freak
Mutated
Board Donator
Fully Loaded
EG Cash
I saw this one on another site.

This is a really good one. Make then up and they are great for taking to work for lunch throughout the week. I hope that you enjoy them.

[size=18pt]
The Wicked Sandwich of the West

(Tender strips of sirloin steak, green peppers, and onions piled high on a soft roll)

Makes 4 servings

1 pound sirloin tip steak, trimmed of fat and thinly sliced.
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. each salt substitute, black pepper, and garlic powder
1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1-1/4 cup of low fat,low sodium beef broth
2 tbsp. barbecue sauce
2 tsp. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
1 large green pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
1 medium onion, thinly sliced into rings
4 soft onion rolls

Place steak into a medium bowl and sprinkle with paprika, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Add flour and toss to coat all sides.

Spray a large, non-stick skillet with non-stick spray. Add steak and cook over medium - high heat until lightly browned and no longer pink. Add broth, barbecue sauce, brown sugar, and thyme. Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. If mixture is too saucy, continue to simmer, uncovered, until most of the liquid has evaporated.

Serve on warm onion rolls

Nutritional Info:
Per Serving

385 calories
9 grams fat
3 grams Sat fat
38 grams protein
38 carbs
1.9 grams fiber
500 mg sodium
96 mg cholesterol

[/size]

This looks good but I'm not a fan of green peppers but I'll try it without it later this week. Im imagining it makes 3-4 servings?

Daredevil said:
This looks good but I'm not a fan of green peppers but I'll try it without it later this week. Im imagining it makes 3-4 servings?
Daredevil

Thanks for checking it out.Fell free to change the ingredients to better suit your tastes man.Thats the great part of cooking,you can add or subtract anything you like from a recipe.There no recipe thats set in stone.

Please post up once you try and what you changed.

Im going to convert this to the grill and actually make it for the family this weekend FIST

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.