Tilapia recipes.

• Thread starter Thread starter colochine
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 132
  • Tags Tags
    fresh mushy
Tilapia sucks! All you can do is Grill it! That's it, anything else yields a pan fried mush! Just saying.... 😛

Yea, I've baked it, broiled it, fried it, toasted it......Grilling is the only thing that yielded any real flavor.

i make a healthy breading for just these types of fish, pan sere it first.
Then finish broiling.

The breading is basically, egg whites to get to stick, ground oats with your preferred seasonings, i like chilis in it, black pepper etc.

You can make even the mushy fish good....

If it's mushy, it's either over cooked or it isn't fresh. Either way, I won't eat it.

Wabbitt said:
If it's mushy, it's either over cooked or it isn't fresh. Either way, I won't eat it.
Wabbittlive where i do, fresh don't really exist...

If it's handled right and fresh frozen, it should hold up. The filets should be individually vacuum packed.

Wabbitt said:
If it's handled right and fresh frozen, it should hold up. The filets should be individually vacuum packed.
Wabbittit's mushy unless made just right, steams 4 shit

Shit, I've cooked filets in the microwave for a couple minute. They turn out fine and firm. Like I said, if it is mushy, it's either overcooked or it wasn't fresh to begin with.

Word I can eat mushy filets I mean there small and protein packed.

You could actually use my chicken stir fry recipe and use tilapia instead of chicken. Tastes pretty good!

Sent from my Galaxy S4

I think I would only eat it grilled. It has way too much of a fishy taste well too much for me, I'll stick to salmon

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.