UFC 162 Fighter Salaries: Anderson Silva, Frankie Edgar Top The Charts

RS50

Jacked
Jacked Immortal
Mutated
EG Cash
Former UFC champions Anderson Silva and Frankie Edgar picked up the biggest paychecks over the weekend at UFC 162.

Silva, who lost in the main event to Chris Weidman, earned a $600,000 payday, while Edgar secured a $240,000 check.

The complete list of fighter salaries can be found below. As always, the numbers released by the Nevada Athletic Commission, do not include any type of bonus or sponsorship money.

Chris Weidman: $48,000 (includes $24,000 win bonus)

Anderson Silva: $600,000

Frankie Edgar: $240,000 (includes $120,000 win bonus)

Charles Oliveira: $21,000

Tim Kennedy: $90,000 (includes $30,000 win bonus)

Roger Gracie: $50,000

Mark Munoz: $84,000 (includes $42,000 win bonus)

Tim Boetsch: $37,000

Cub Swanson: $58,000 (includes $29,000 win bonus)

Dennis Siver: $33,000

Andrew Craig: $24,000 (includes $12,000 win bonus)

Chris Leben: $51,000

Norman Parke: $30,000 (includes $15,000 win bonus)

Kazuki Tokudome: $8,000

Gabriel Gonzaga: $58,000 (includes $29,000 win bonus)

Dave Herman: $23,000

Edson Barboza: $46,000 (includes $23,000 win bonus)

Rafaello Oliveira: $14,000

Brian Melancon: $16,000 (includes $8,000 win bonus)

Seth Baczynski: $16,000

Mike Pierce: $56,000 (includes $28,000 win bonus)

David Mitchell: $10,000

The UFC is becoming a bigger joke ED, E-week, E-month, E-year in so many ways it's retarded. Dont get me wrong, "I LOVE WATCHING ALL THE FIGHTS" but the shit is really lame how they rep up some stuff in so many ways, which shouldn't be. Hall of fame entrance asap after retirement ha, com'on...

goodfella said:
The UFC is becoming a bigger joke ED, E-week, E-month, E-year in so many ways it's retarded. Dont get me wrong, "I LOVE WATCHING ALL THE FIGHTS" but the shit is really lame how they rep up some stuff in so many ways, which shouldn't be. Hall of fame entrance asap after retirement ha, com'on...
goodfella
.... and to think boxing STILL generates more $, attracts more fans, and fills much bigger venues, worldwide.

I swear boxing loooks like a dead sport on TV now man lol. Everything looks like it's still in the late 80's/90's still lol

goodfella said:
I swear boxing loooks like a dead sport on TV now man lol. Everything looks like it's still in the late 80's/90's still lol
goodfella
Top boxers get paydays in the millions. They can fill stadiums. It's kinda misleading just because UFC is rammed down everyone's throats. If UFC didn't have FUEL, where would they be? UFC has never had a PFP that draws the way boxing does. Ever. I think the people who knelled the deathbell for the "Sweet Science" were premature. There are tons of good fighters in boxing, and they keep coming.

Don't get me wrong, you know I love MMA. I just find it humorous everyone thought boxing would simply fall by the wayside.

Yeh prizes are by far the most ridiculous thing about the ufc. Somethhing needs to be done about it but as long as Dana White is in charge of things I believe it'll stay just like it is. Yes he has brought the sport a very long way but he proves to only give a fuk about himself and his payday and not the fighters that are making him so rich. I wonder how he decides who gets what?

I use to be huge into boxing until I merged into mma training several years ago. I is disappointing to me that the elite mma fighters salaries don't compete with boxing,but I feel its just a matter of time. I went 17-0 boxing before I switched to mma and love it more everyday over my past love of boxing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.