Upper/Lower Split Routines

V

Vino 1

I'm wanting to completely change up my routine. So I've been doing the common bro split. Chest/bis back/tris etc. This upper/lower body splits look interesting. Anyone used a particular one and had good results? Me and my old lady are training together now so she'll be beside me doing everything I'm doing.

i use a upper/lower ...kind of... so if i hit the gym 6 days this week upper bod will get hit 3 times.. with the increase in frequency i have to watch intensity increasing techniques like drop sets , forced reps, partials ...etc... i don't do any of those...

i have 3 different upper and lower style days that i use so all upper and lowers won't always be the same... one upper day will be bench focused supersetted with face pulls then seated overhead supersetted with curls.. . the next upper day will be more pull focused... chins supersetted with close grip bench... rows supersetted with incline....

same with lower ... squat focused day, dead focused day... speed , sprint running day...
most upper days i do one leg exercise and on leg days do one upper exercise.. and these are usually supersetted opposing bodyparts

i feel better on this split as i don't push into failure and still make some progress will not hurting my old ass

That sounds good krustus. I've looked at a couple different ones. Me and my girl did an upper body workout today.

Barbell rows
Lat pull downs
Flat bench-hammer strength
Incline Dumbell press
Tricep dips
Preacher curls

It felt good. Definetely different. Gonna take tomorrow off and do a lower body Thursday. Gonna try it for a while and see how it goes

krustus said:
i use a upper/lower ...kind of... so if i hit the gym 6 days this week upper bod will get hit 3 times.. with the increase in frequency i have to watch intensity increasing techniques like drop sets , forced reps, partials ...etc... i don't do any of those...

i have 3 different upper and lower style days that i use so all upper and lowers won't always be the same... one upper day will be bench focused supersetted with face pulls then seated overhead supersetted with curls.. . the next upper day will be more pull focused... chins supersetted with close grip bench... rows supersetted with incline....

same with lower ... squat focused day, dead focused day... speed , sprint running day...
most upper days i do one leg exercise and on leg days do one upper exercise.. and these are usually supersetted opposing bodyparts

i feel better on this split as i don't push into failure and still make some progress will not hurting my old ass
krustus
Good post Krutus. IMO this is the most optimal way to train for size. I however usually always push to failure in at least my first three working sets, sometimes more when I feeling really good. I've been hitting it awhile this way so I know my limitations.

Vino 1 said:
That sounds good krustus. I've looked at a couple different ones. Me and my girl did an upper body workout today.

Barbell rows
Lat pull downs
Flat bench-hammer strength
Incline Dumbell press
Tricep dips
Preacher curls

It felt good. Definetely different. Gonna take tomorrow off and do a lower body Thursday. Gonna try it for a while and see how it goes
Vino 1
heres another good routine...

1. chest/ delts (front & lateral) / triceps

2. back/ delts (rear) / traps/ biceps

3. Legs

4. off

....Repeat

2-4 working set per bodypart depending on your recovery abilities

Good post Krutus. IMO this is the most optimal way to train for size. I however usually always push to failure in at least my first three working sets, sometimes more when I feeling really good. I've been hitting it awhile this way so I know my limitations.

thanks bro... i workout alone so real forced reps are out... but i go by what my body tells me and push harder sometimes and less some others. i like working out often as it also helps you become more conditioned without much if any cardio.. and i like to believe the body would be ready to go at all times when trained frequently.

I use this during cut phase...the rapid circuit of the upper body day is a cardio workout in its self.

Upper body

3 back
3 chest
2 shoulder
2 bi
2 tri
Abs

Lower body

3 front quad
2 hammies
1 calves

Remember that im a feel and squeeze type builder. Typically 25 - 35 reps

recently i've been doing a quads/chest/shoulders/tris day and then a back/bis/core/side delts day, and just alternate. try to get in the gym 4-5 times a week, will go lighter, do more reps and focus on the squeeze after the 1st 2 days.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.