Vegan Protein

I decided to transition from vegetarism to veganism. I bought Vegan Shakeology but I have been on that stuff for long and it is far too sugary. I'm looking for another vegan protein powder that mixes well and tastes good.

Vegan seems to me to just be so hard to get good quality protein sources.

if looking for protein powders, get one with pea and rice mixed. it's amino acid profile is very similar to whey. i think the correct ratio of each is 70% pea and 30% rice, but don't quote me on that.

i'm low in iron and vitamin d according to my bloodwork, so i've started taking a multivitamin.

i get my protein from nuts/seeds, grains (ezekiel bread) peanut butter, beans and quinoa, tofu, potatoes. protein is pretty easy to get enough of. it's some of the other nutrients that are a little more difficult (b12, d, iron, iodine)

Ezekiel bread has come a long way! I'll even incorporate that into my meal plans some times.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.