Virtual Private Desktop? Encrypting Working Documents

A

AgentYes

What is the best way to secure documents that are accessed on a frequent basis?meaning multiple times a day. Protect them even from government search? Like secure/encrypted/hidden/but usable.

Well there are so many ways, you can run a virtual private desktop on an offshore server.

A quick, easy and free method is to simply encrypt your hard drive using a free tool called truecrypt.

http://www.truecrypt.org/

This will allow you to encrypt your entire hard drive above even military grade, create a fake os install so even if forced to give keys you can give fakes to a harmless fake OS install.

What you really need to worry about is key loggers that bypass all of this....

GRIM said:
Well there are so many ways, you can run a virtual private desktop on an offshore server.

A quick, easy and free method is to simply encrypt your hard drive using a free tool called truecrypt.

http://www.truecrypt.org/

This will allow you to encrypt your entire hard drive above even military grade, create a fake os install so even if forced to give keys you can give fakes to a harmless fake OS install.

What you really need to worry about is key loggers that bypass all of this....
GRIM
I told you I need a consultant! Do you have a recommendation on an EASY virtual desktop ona n offshore server? I mean do they sell these in user friendly formats? I'm not real smart 😉

Key logger? OMG oh noes!? How would they get it onto my computer?

Will you accept payment in primo?

Ive never used virtual desktops tbh sorry. Heard of them, just never used them.
Key loggers so many ways, through viral type infections, actual plugged in devices into ports of your computer etc.
You can do scan for these, not sure how good the scans would be against hardware devices though..

Kragon a user here might also be good to talk on this, there are a few others as well. Ill yell @ him see if he'll chime in.

Let me start of by saying this...

If they really want you, they can get you, no matter what you do,,, usually the only people that CAN get you with the tech, would be the NSA, DEA doesnt have the tech nor the authority that NSA does. So make sure your never dealing with really shady types in the middle east Africa or parts of asia... The best protection comes from thinking things smart. Honestly, the virtual desktop offshore is not a bad idea. you never have it, or a cached copy of anything on your computer.. its a great idea ... then you can use the built in NTFS encryption and you should be okay.. any encryption is crackable, it just depends on how much "they" want you and how much man power "they" want to spend. Fastest and easiest with best protection against run of the mill script kiddies as they call em is straight up NTFS encryption on a windows box thats not on your computer. and dont tell anyone who you use as your host .. The encryption on some windows server boxes is as high as 16384-bit.. so you should also find out what encryption level they offer.. Also the terminal session i believe is also encrypted at 256..

basically, you're on the right thinking path lol

-k

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. Worst case scenario would be DEA. I'm going to get the offshore VPD ASAP and also the encryption you mention. OGs in the game say clean your computer three times a day... I knew there was another way, I cannot operate in that fashion. I will be sure to pester you with any problems or questions.

~A

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.