Jacked
Jacked Immortal
EG Freak
Mutated
EG Cash
Has anyone done this?
If so, for how many days?

Results?
More fat loss then muscle loss? Or both?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John Meadows talks a lot about the benefits of fasting, but not for days; for 24 hours. Mark Bell believes in 18 hour fasts a time or two per week. These are for certain health benefits, not fat loss. If that's your interest, do some looking around and make up your own mind.

If you're talking about fasting for multiple days, I agree...bad idea.

Some people say they went 20+ days just on water and they say no negative sides to it. They lost a ton of fat and obviously muscle.

I personally wouldn’t go that far. I love food way too much.

Some people say they went 20+ days just on water and they say no negative sides to it. They lost a ton of fat and obviously muscle.

I personally wouldn’t go that far. I love food way too much.

Titan88Wow. I don't know what possible benefit that could have. Did they say why they did it?

Wow. I don't know what possible benefit that could have. Did they say why they did it?
buffalohead
They “claim” it helps cleanse your body. Basically it’s the ultimate body cleanse and it helps burn a ton of fat. There’s YouTube videos on people that have done it. I would think that a Keto diet would be the way to go instead of this “water” diet

i have followed intermittent fasting principles for most of the time for the last few years... 16-24 hours is the max...
it's great on a cut phase as you can enjoy larger meals at the end of the day... and the fast period is actually a very productive time for me...
would be tough for me to bulk up with the IF life style... but that's not a goal i have.

also eliminates the need for tupperware and shakes going with me everywhere

i have followed intermittent fasting principles for most of the time for the last few years... 16-24 hours is the max...
it's great on a cut phase as you can enjoy larger meals at the end of the day... and the fast period is actually a very productive time for me...
would be tough for me to bulk up with the IF life style... but that's not a goal i have.

also eliminates the need for tupperware and shakes going with me everywhere
krustusI don't know if i do intermittent fasting per se but I only eat for 10-12 hours each day. If I eat my last thing at 9pm, I don't eat until at least 9 the next morning. I'm not interested in mass building at this point in my life and as you also alluded to, a shorter eating window means I'm not so hungry throughout the day while on restricted calories since my appetite is lower in the morning. Also, I'm hoping that the length of time not eating each day combined with a moderate carb (150gr or less a day) intake will help lower blood glucose a little.

These fad diets....so tired of hearing about them. Your not pros...just fucking live life and eat when your hungry for God's sake. Lol. You want to lose weight...eat less. Gain weight....eat more. Its that simple.

These fad diets....so tired of hearing about them. Your not pros...just fucking live life and eat when your hungry for God's sake. Lol. You want to lose weight...eat less. Gain weight....eat more. Its that simple.
tkasch30Agree 100% but the reason I do it that way is because it helps me eat less. I don't like being out of calories at 6pm. I'd rather not eat in the morning when I'm not naturally hungry than not eat in the evening when I am.

All in all i agree with you. Besides none of the "fad" diets are revolutionary anyway. The Zone diet - used to be called a balanced diet. The keto diet - shoot, bodybuilders were cutting carbs and increasing fat in the 60's to get lean. Maybe before that. They just didn't have a fancy name for it. Paleo diet - see keto diet but add limited fruit. Everything old is new again, lol. It's the same with training. There are NO revolutionary ways to train. There are clever sounding "programs" to make people think there are but a bench press is still a bench press and a squat is still a squat.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.