Well time for surgery

pooh6369

Jacked
Jacked Immortal
EG Auction Sniper
Mutated
Fully Loaded
EG Cash
Late 2019 doing a heavy pull my c6 compressed on my c7. Causing radial nerve damage, tricep atrophied loss most of my strength and size on that arm. After doing rehabilitation and going to chiropractor sessions to decompress c6-c7. Nothing worked work outs are depressing losing motivation.
Gonna do the Acdf surgery, same on Peyton Manning did. Hopefully adding that spacer will activate the nerve again. Didn't want to mess with any spine surgery, the more I read about it seems like it's the best route to go. Hopefully on a few weeks it'll be done. Anybody have this procedure done??

Late 2019 doing a heavy pull my c6 compressed on my c7. Causing radial nerve damage, tricep atrophied loss most of my strength and size on that arm. After doing rehabilitation and going to chiropractor sessions to decompress c6-c7. Nothing worked work outs are depressing losing motivation.
Gonna do the Acdf surgery, same on Peyton Manning did. Hopefully adding that spacer will activate the nerve again. Didn't want to mess with any spine surgery, the more I read about it seems like it's the best route to go. Hopefully on a few weeks it'll be done. Anybody have this procedure done??
pooh6369I feel your pain brotha. Currently on the mend from knee surgery.

Get Better bro, I cannot imagine going thru that type of surgery !!!

Good luck with the surgery and with your recovery

Thanks looks like will be in a month. Went to a new Dr, the old one never even mentioned this procedure, just kept giving me injections for pain. I kept mentioning I have no tricep whatsoever just smooth when flexed no strength at all. Kept saying do your physical therapy it'll get there. Just frustrated losing motivation.
I have a retired Dr for a neighbor, just got to talking told him what's going on. Then a week later come to my house. I'm here in Vegas, so I guess he knows the Raiders team Dr. he him the name of a Sport medicine/ Orthopedic surgeon. Went to see him yesterday, right off the bat I felt we were on the same page. Understood my frustrations did his own X-rays. Appreciate the fact he said the tricep is never coming back the way it is. All this PT and chiropractor business is good and all, won't activate the tricep it compressed.
Told me about the Acdf surgery same on Peyton got. Put in a spacer between c6-c7 unpinch the nerve. I have a great chance to get most of my strength back, probably not all. But I'll take those odds any day. Plus it's a minimally evasive surgery. Be home that day.

Chin up brother you will be fine, you will be back in the gym with no more depression and growing like a weed in the near future. 🙂

I won't say good luck because I KNOW YOU WILL BE FINE, just keep your chin up bro and think of the future.

Will be praying for ya. Cant wait to see you back at them weights bro.

pooh6369From what I’ve been told, he didn’t like what they told him initially about the surgery. He looked for another doctor. That doctor nicked the nerve and thats what messed him up. He went back to the first doctor and he fixed him up.

Look for doctor that has worked on athletes. Big time college athletes or pro. Do a ton of research on them. If you are willing to travel PM me and maybe I can help you get set up with someone with that type of experience if you’re having trouble finding someone.

@Jinko thanks for the advice, will do my due diligence. The Dr has done this procedure quite a few times. And numerous pro athletes. But your absolutely right will have to research to make sure I have the right Dr. I mean someone going into my throat and into my spine to put a space in then bolt it into place. I need to make sure I have the right person.
I tried everything for over a year chiropractor and PT. No improvement what so ever, l have no tricep just a fly spot, and arm is at least 2in smaller. Still have constant pain, at the end of the day feels like my head weights 100lbs my neck and traps are throbbing. I also sleep with a neck pillow on a lazy boy. To uncomfortable to lie in bed. My wife has the whole Cal king to herself....lol. That's gonna hopefully soon.
Looking at California and Arizona also I'm here in Vegas. But of course I'm limited to who my insurance will cover. But I'm doing my homework

Last edited:
I know this goes without saying but be as safe as possible about covid19. Call nurses and docs on their behaviour if you have to. We had my father at one of the best hospitals in Indonesia, rapid testing everyone every day. Day 3 he got it. This is a place celebrities and politicians get treated. That shit is EVERYWHERE. sleep with a mask on, ask for a better quality mask, whatever you feel comfortable with. Covid is ripping through my family in Indo now like crazy. I'm waiting on a test myself. I've been wearing legit 3M N95s since Feb or March. One little slip up is all it takes.

Hang in there and here's for the best that surgery works...and gets you out of that deep funk.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.