What suppl's can optimize your child's natural height growth?

zombieslayer

Iron Killer
Jacked Immortal
EG Freak
Mutated
Fully Loaded
EG Cash
My son's 14 years old 5'10" and really good at basketball.

I know he's not short, but I would like to optimize his natural height growth.
He's already taller than me and mom and I want him to keep growing.
I believe he will have a shot at the NBA, yes I know I'm biased.

I don't want anything that would suppress or impede any of his natty hormone levels of course.
Am I correct that glutamine would be safe to give him?
Any suggestions on dosage amount and frequency would be greatly appreciated.
Any links with references would be appreciated too. I'm just starting to research this stuff.

Also, is creatine safe for him?
What about protein powders(non-soy of course)?
Sorry if these sound like remedial questions, I'm just overly cautious with my kids.

And any other suppl's too?

I wouldn't worry about height. There were and still are a lot of players at or around 6'. Mugsy was like 5'6" or some shit. Delonte West is 6'1" and can put it down with both hands. Nate Robinson won the dunk contest! Athletics are more important then height.

Caffeine can slow growth. I would just continue to feed him food, real food, he is just hitting puberty so his hormones are in high gear. Creating works but he is still young to take supps. Besides creating is in meat so food, food, food will be his best friend.

zombieslayer said:
Anybody read anything on teenagers taking glutamine, creatine or protein?
zombieslayer
I'd say definitely no to creatine, and protein. I wouldn't stress a child's endocrine system with creatine, seems way to dangerous. You should be able to supply a child's diet with plenty of protein through their diet.

I say all they need is sunshine and a little hard work every now and then! ;D

I noticed you did say teenagers tho. There's going to be a difference in say a 13 year old and a 19 year old, obviously. Creatine can be a bit taxing on the kidneys (especially at higher doses), I still wouldn't recommend it for anyone under 18, imo.

If you want your kids to excel at all sports put them in martial arts at a young age. Preferably something like TKD which will bring their flexibility to the forefront. Flexibility (especially hamstrings) affects your jumping ability more than anything, except genetics. Enhance their genetics (pun intended)!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.