WU/MG Problems

Ctstrength

Iron Killer
Jacked Immortal
EG Freak
Mutated
Fully Loaded
EG Cash
I put in a GH order with a source on another board, and hit a snag with both Western Union and Moneygram today. I am actually paying my source with Bitcoins that I'm trying to purchase on LocalBitcoins.com. With Western Union, I was told that my transaction did not pass the validation process and that I was being refunded. I explained that I was purchasing Bitcoins on the site, explained the escrow system and that I would not be a victim of fraud because of it. They didn't hear me out and sent me a new MTCN to receive my money back. The broker on LBC attempted to pick up my Moneygram transaction and said it wasn't in the system. Called Moneygram, was put on hold for 45+ minutes, and they finally told me that my transaction was under review. But they didn't bust my balls like WU. They just released the holds and the broker was able to receive my funds. These were to two different brokers and receivers btw.

I used to use both services pretty heavily a few years back. But with the sources here I almost exclusively use CIM, and sometimes Bitcoins when I have them. So my recent traffic with both is pretty low. Anyone else have repeated problems with these pricks? Is it worth getting a fake ID and a burner phone number just for the purpose of sending wires hassle free? When I buy Bitcoins, I typically don't buy a whole lot and go for the "bank deposit" option. So no ID required and it goes straight into the guys accounts However, bank hours are limited, and typically those brokers charge a bit more than WU/MG Bitcoin brokers. Had I bought all of the Bitcoins I needed for a transaction of this size through bank deposits, it would have required significantly more transactions that I don't have time for and cost almost $500 extra.

I'm just really frustrated. Tomorrow I'll have to spend half the morning on the phone with WU, then have to go back and forth with my source for a new receiver just to send it again to someone else.

tkasch30 said:
Can't you just pay the source with w.u. or mg?
tkasch30Once W.U. flags you like this then there's a good chance they'll do again.
They can flag based on receiver or number of transactions, the list goes on, but once it happens your account goes on that list.

paypal is probably easiest and hassle free. bitcoins are in second place, MG and WU are always there and can be used but sometimes (in rare cases) they give you some problems. but overal paying for quality has never been as easy as we have it today

I have had issues with WU myself. They repeatedly cancelled my transactions for no reason. When asked they said it was just a decision they made not to do it.

This sucks to hear and is a hassle for both parties. This is why I will only do CIM or perhaps paypal.

LittleTom said:
This sucks to hear and is a hassle for both parties. This is why I will only do CIM or perhaps paypal.
LittleTom
I wish there were domestic GH sources that accepted CIM and had international prices lol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.