AJ's log

TSizemore said:
Really??!! You don't think he's on steroids, do you? :-
TSizemoreWhy I have never! ???

Last nights workout legs. Tired after a long day at work but still hit it hard enough to throw up and be dizzy for a couple hours when I got home and was coming off the pump. Lol

Bodyweight 243

Squat
435x2
455x2
465x2

Leg press to ears
585x10
585x10
585x10

Lying leg curl
135x10
135x10

Donkey calf raise
120x14

Standing calf raise
120x10
120x10

465 is the highest I've ever gone for a double. When I maxed 475 a few months ago I was only able to get 455 once, maybe one and a half, but I could force a 475 max, so I'd say I'm pretty damn close to breaking 500. I may try to peg it next week.

TSizemore said:
Really??!! You don't think he's on steroids, do you? :-\
TSizemore
ajordana said:
Why I have never! ???.........

Hahahahaha......I didn't think so!! LOL

Killer workout...No doubt I would have puked....probably from the shattered knees from trying to push that weight!!

TSizemore said:
Hahahahaha......I didn't think so!! LOL

Killer workout...No doubt I would have puked....probably from the shattered knees from trying to push that weight!!
TSizemorehahaha thanks man, yeah it feels nice finally having a halfway plausible squat. I reeeeaaaallly want to squat 700 and bench 500. Dead lift 600 would be nice but I dunno if my crippled back will ever allow it 🙁

Tonights workout was arms. Decent workout but cut short.

Bodyweight 243.5

Dumbbell Hammer curl
50x9
60x3
50x8

Close grip bench press
295x7
315x3
275x7

Incline dumbbell curl
35x10
35x10

Skullcrusher (started using long ez bar)
115x10
135x8

Barbell curl
115x9
115x10

V bar pushdown
100x20

Started my new routine today and also felt super strong in the gym.

Workout was chest shoulders tris

Bodyweight up to 247

Flat bench
375x2
390x1
365x2
355x2

Incline bench
245x10
245x10

Decline bench
315x8
315x7

Lying cable flyes
40x10
40x12

Seated smith machine military press
275x2
245x5
225x8

One arm side dumbbell raises
30x12
35x10

Ez bar skullcrushers
115x12
135x8

V bar pushdown
120x8
100x15

Great day. I'm feeling good, strong, and motivated.

You Just Suck!!! That's all I got to say about that...... 😡 friggin Horse!!

TSizemore said:
You Just Suck!!! That's all I got to say about that...... 😡 friggin Horse!!
TSizemore
Hahah thanks man, im trying. :]

RockShawn said:
great job AJ. man that workout is a load bro.
Thanks bro, and yeah its a lot, I've done stuff like it more than once though so i don't think it'll shock me too bad

Update, well, messing with this new routine already made me remember that my knees and low back won't allow me multiple hits on legs/back a week without major alterations that IMO make it useless. I love the twice a week split doing chest tris and shoulders twice a week, but without messing with the rest of my workouts its hard to make that happen, so maybe one day I'll write it out that way.

Anyways. I'm taking this week aside from Monday and Thursday upper body days and cutting the volume very very low and taking it as a mostly rest week with some reloading and only slight heavy work and going back to my 5 day split next week, so I may update tomorrow, but the rest of this weeks workouts won't be noteworthy

Boom. Decided to keep the twice a week workout and modify some shit. Went in tonight and killed it. Chest/shoulders/tris. Planned to try again and max 400 on bench, flew up like 225 lbs.. so I went for 405, got It like a breeze, not even a hesitation. So I went for 415, and I missed it half way. I could have gotten it fresh for sure. So workout was

Bodyweight 245

Flat bench
385x1
400x1
405x1
415xfail
365x3

Incline bench
255x10
260x7

Decline bench
325x9
325x8

Lying cable flyes
60x10
50x12

Seated smith machine military press
285x1
245x7
275x3

Both arm side dumbbell raises
50x10
50x10
50x10

Ez bar skullcrushers
135x8
115x17

V bar pushdown
110x15

Felt like an animal. Everything was up 10+ lbs. I'm feeling strong as an ox.

So far, this is my week. Banged out the smooth and easy 405 bench last night, and tonight smashed 500 squat on my last set of squats, I saw stars.. but probably had more in me fresh. I feel on top of the world, aside from the light headedness from that fucking leg workout. Lol. Tonights workout:

Bodyweight 247

Squat
425x2
455x2
475x1
500x1

Leg press to ears
585x8
635x8

Hack squat machine
365x10
365x8

Spent after that. Felt like an animal and now my legs feel like they've been mauled by one. Lol. Merry Christmas everyone!

Yesterdays workout (first week back to body parts once a week)

Bodyweight 250

Flat bench
405x1
415x0(BARELY missed this.. half inch from pushing through my sticking point or less)
385x1
365x3
370x2

Incline bench
255x10
275x6
295x2
255x9

Decline bench
325x7
325x4
275x9

Lying cable flyes
50x8
40x8
40x8

Today's workout

Bodyweight 249

Squat
425x3
475x2
495x1
510x1

Leg press
585x8
585x8
585x8

Lying leg curl
135x10
150x8
165x5

Standing calf raise
150x10

Donkey calf raise
150x10
120x15

Haven't posted in a bit, but I figured I'd post a few progress pictures. Only one I took, one my fiancee took of my back, and one was taken at a restaurant of my fiancee and I and I just cropped it. The one I took is flexed obviously, the other 2 are totally relaxed.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Dang sun u swelling up right...u need to send me some info I got a challenge to win!!
Let me on the get right with u (.;

Hey, are you the little guy hiding behind the beast in the foreground? I don't see you.... 😉

Ok any suggestions? No issues at all on anything last week, come in today for chest. Hit my warmups on bench 135x6, 225x2, 335x1 and then throw 405 on there which I've been doing that for a month now, and lower down and about 2 inches off my chest my upper pec/delt tie in gets really tight and I decide I shouldn't go any lower, I went ahead and pushed it up myself though I still had the power. Well, after it got real tight and sore. I kept doing shoulder moves to warn it up but then even 135 on bench or the bar on incline and 10 lb flyes would send it in pain. Its still mobile and there was no tearing sound or anything notable other than tightness when I lowered the rep..

I think in going to take the whole week off as I probably needed a reload anyway, and keep taking my osyeo BiFlex and my super cissus and eating like normal, but any suggestions? Anyone ever encounter this? It feels like its the muscle where my upper pec and front delt connect.. its sore and tight right now. Would a week off be enough?

ajordana said:
Ok any suggestions? No issues at all on anything last week, come in today for chest. Hit my warmups on bench 135x6, 225x2, 335x1 and then throw 405 on there which I've been doing that for a month now, and lower down and about 2 inches off my chest my upper pec/delt tie in gets really tight and I decide I shouldn't go any lower, I went ahead and pushed it up myself though I still had the power. Well, after it got real tight and sore. I kept doing shoulder moves to warn it up but then even 135 on bench or the bar on incline and 10 lb flyes would send it in pain. Its still mobile and there was no tearing sound or anything notable other than tightness when I lowered the rep..

I think in going to take the whole week off as I probably needed a reload anyway, and keep taking my osyeo BiFlex and my super cissus and eating like normal, but any suggestions? Anyone ever encounter this? It feels like its the muscle where my upper pec and front delt connect.. its sore and tight right now. Would a week off be enough?

Jordan I got ur back homie...I have some prescription anti inflammatory called voltaren. ..I'm gonna pm u..they will heal that shit up in a week or so..!!!!!
ajordana

ajordana said:

ajordana
Have you been doing your stretches? the DC delt stretch will address this. More than likely its the biceps tendon and could be trapped. if you can get a massage on it to loosen the muscles then get into those stretches, it always helps me. I did the same thing being in the wrong position on the Incline HS machine one week.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.