blood sugar

I have actually asked why levels differ from clinic to clinic from the head stroke doctor in my state and this is what he told me.

Different test equipment, studies, clinic procedures etc.

It's the same with overall test levels, depends from clinic to clinic..

BTW I'm not arguing the correct level, simply that levels do differ from place to place, test to test.

I reread the thread however and you bring up 120 but I don't see sity say 120 anywhere.
Maybe I missed it.

Most also in my experience give a little cushion over the 'normal' ranges on tests.

49ER said:
City slicker is not a doctor the information doesnt change. As far as it changing from place to place that is up to the doctor and his discretion on how he wants to treat an individual. im sorry fasted sugar up to 120 is not normal by any means. My soon to be ex has been in the medical field over 15 years this is pointless for me to argue but facts are facts.
49ER
You're right I'm not a doctor and doctors don't set standards for bg levels. American Diabetes Association committee does, so you will have to take your issue up to them. ;D

And where did the number 120 come from?? Anyways 120 is slightly above normal range, but 120 is NOT bad at all. If you look at all the bg work I have to look at every shift (at least 5 from 5 different pts you would see what I'm talking about). I'm not saying that this should be overlooked, but its not serious yet. When it gets into the 200's is when eyebrows began to raise.

I work in a long term facility part time and I have a pt who is diagnosed DM2 and her fasting is always in the 300-400 range because she is not compliant with her diet. Thats what I would call bad. She is on regular and lantus insulin and on sliding scale insulin before every meal, but she is a pig and refuses to listen to sound advice so her health is in her own hands as this point. I even seen sugar as high as 800. Hopefully this give you a better idea of how bad it can get. Fasting bg is a terrible indicator as well unless it done in a controlled manner through blood glucose tolerance test or even better A1c test. The A1c is a best indicator of bg bc it takes an average measure of bg over the last 3 months.

GRIM said:
I have actually asked why levels differ from clinic to clinic from the head stroke doctor in my state and this is what he told me.

Different test equipment, studies, clinic procedures etc.

It's the same with overall test levels, depends from clinic to clinic..

BTW I'm not arguing the correct level, simply that levels do differ from place to place, test to test.

I reread the thread however and you bring up 120 but I don't see sity say 120 anywhere.
Maybe I missed it.

Most also in my experience give a little cushion over the 'normal' ranges on tests.
GRIM
Thank you. Anyone who has spent some time bedside at different institutions would know this. I wouldn't make this shit up, I have no reason to.

And I never said 120. I think we were arguing 110. My hospital uses the reference ranges 70-110, but I know other hospitals in the area may use 80-100, 80-110, or 70-100..it just depends.

If you want to see how much values different...just google something like magnesium, calcium, hemocrit, or PPT ref ranges you see all different ranges depending on source.

Just tested mine at 94. And on low carbs no sugar. Wonder if that's normal?

Z82 said:
Just tested mine at 94. And on low carbs no sugar. Wonder if that's normal?
Z82
Yes absolutely. You're managing your bg with diet so no further invention is need. Goals are met. Come see us in 6 months. Have a nice day.

49ER said:
ya man anything under 200 is cool bro ;D
49ER
49er you're alright in my book, BUT DAMN SON you are one stubborn headstrong sob. You best hope you never have me giving you pt care. 8)

sityslicker1 said:
49er you're alright in my book, BUT DAMN SON you are one stubborn headstrong sob. You best hope you never have me giving you pt care. 8)
sityslicker1 Dont say that bro its my fantasy to have a hot nurse care for me 8)

ok, so back on track with inhuman. Are you having symptoms? If so, what are you feeling for symptoms? What makes you think it is B/S

JM750 said:
ok, so back on track with inhuman. Are you having symptoms? If so, what are you feeling for symptoms? What makes you think it is B/S
JM750Hahahaha......were you thinking that was gonna start heading the wrong way too? 😉

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.