Conditioning...

BrotherIron

Iron Killer
Jacked Immortal
Mutated
Fully Loaded
EG Cash
I'm personally not a fan of cardio especially low, stead state cardio. I'd rather watch paint dry. I do however enjoy my conditioning. I perform EMOM (every min on the min) lifts like Log C&P, Squats, etc... Or I enjoy using my Strongman equipment for conditioning like Yoke walks, Farmers walks, Axle C&P, etc... And you can never go wrong with sled drags/ pulls.

Get something out of your training instead of sitting on a bike, a treadmill or some other stationary piece of equipment. Strengthen muscle groups, get them to fire correct and in sync, all while burning Kcals and better into better shape.

I'm personally not a fan of cardio especially low, stead state cardio. I'd rather watch paint dry. I do however enjoy my conditioning. I perform EMOM (every min on the min) lifts like Log C&P, Squats, etc... Or I enjoy using my Strongman equipment for conditioning like Yoke walks, Farmers walks, Axle C&P, etc... And you can never go wrong with sled drags/ pulls.

Get something out of your training instead of sitting on a bike, a treadmill or some other stationary piece of equipment. Strengthen muscle groups, get them to fire correct and in sync, all while burning Kcals and better into better shape.
BrotherIronthats how i train, pretty much no breaks from 1 set direct into another.

I'm also a big fan of minimal rest between sets. although i do like some lazy cardio after lifting lol. lately i've been doing some 3-7s on my mixed rep day. 1 set of 3, then 4, then 5, then 6, then 7. 15 secs of rest between sets. supposed to do it at around 70% of your max but i usually start a little lower than that as it is difficult and exhausting. plus i'm not even sure what my maxes are any more. i think i got this routine from the EG Bot on here or whatever lmao

I do about 30-40 minutes of VERY lazy cardio before I lift. Basically to get the blood pumping in my body. Other then that, I take hikes, dog walks, etc .. Sometimes superset.

My warm-ups consist of goblet squats, KB swings, planks, monster walks w/ band, lateral walks w/ band, and even box jumps. I like to get everything firing properly before I begin warming up with the bar for the first lift of the training session.

I dnt like cardio since i put on muscle.. unless its sex, thats a good cardio. Actually took my dogs for a walk/jog today through the woods. I was the guy w the 8lb toy poodle and the 100lb pitbull

I dnt like cardio since i put on muscle.. unless its sex, thats a good cardio. Actually took my dogs for a walk/jog today through the woods. I was the guy w the 8lb toy poodle and the 100lb pitbull
Snakeman
Nice. I got a female APBT and a Chi. The Chi is my wife's and when I walk him without my girl my neighbors always get a laugh.

I love this thread!!!

Man, there's nothing wrong with a great Met Con! But, you can do those in a Plyo form and get huge benefit from it as well. Some solid heavy lifting, finish with a great Met Con = a kick ass muscle building/Fat burning machine!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.