DC training

G

gator

Hey guys lets get some nice articles posted on this type up training maybe we can get some sticky's created.

absolutely!!! I have a ton of info and so does Ironwill.....he works with DC and his crew....

Right on Boomer...great to see you back with such a positive attitude.

I embraced the concept of DC... and it gave me retarded elbow tendonitis in less than six weeks. What I kept from that program were rest pause and widow maker sets. Still work those in to various training phases... and that's all I've got on that.

Best and only info to find on DC is http://intensemuscle.com/....

I have thought about using this for my next bulking cycle.

DC training

RockShawn said:
Colochine and I can help with routines if needed. We are disciples. 🙂
RockShawn
🙂 rock knows more about the theory behind it but I can make a solid split for ya.

DC training

RockShawn said:
Colochine and I can help with routines if needed. We are disciples. 🙂
RockShawn
🙂 rock knows more about the theory behind it but I can make a solid split for ya.

T-Nation has a great right up on the DC method. It extremely difficult to plan out for the first time. But, once you get the theory down, your routine is set and you can just run with it! It's an excellent training protocol for strength and mass!

DC training

TSizemore said:
T-Nation has a great right up on the DC method. It extremely difficult to plan out for the first time. But, once you get the theory down, your routine is set and you can just run with it! It's an excellent training protocol for strength and mass!
TSizemore
Whoa buddy!!

DC training

I seriously don't think ill train any other way again. Only if I hit a major plateau. Happy to help any one get started.

I h e a spreadsheet you can use to design your program. I didn't write it so I'd have to get papapump's permission to share it, but I'm sure he don't mind.

Also true nutrition (Dante's company) has a great video that helped me a ton. I highly recommend it.

DC training

Rs, I've been doing dc for about a month and I feel a little smaller but leaner and more vascular and I've gained solid strength I'm hooked, I'd like the spreadsheet to be able to change in and out lifts if ya don't mind, ps that carb cycling u got me set up on over at ij... Best diet I've tried

DC training

bhcolex50x said:
Rs, I've been doing dc for about a month and I feel a little smaller but leaner and more vascular and I've gained solid strength I'm hooked, I'd like the spreadsheet to be able to change in and out lifts if ya don't mind, ps that carb cycling u got me set up on over at ij... Best diet I've tried
bhcolex50x
Awesome bro. Ill post the spreadsheet when I get to my comp.

Personally I respond more to high volume. I have held onto some tricks from DC namely the calf training and widow maker sets remain part of my routine. I used the TNation (fuck you biotest I hate your slimy guts) and also intense muscle as reference when I out together my program for the months I tried if. I will post up the workouts here. Maybe I was doing it wrong?

I think it would be great training. But I just couldn't get into the splits.

DC training

I said this on another board before, not sure who all saw it, about the splits. By using a 2 day split and lifting 3 times a week I hit every body part hard every 4 days approx. when using a typical single BP split you hit each body part every 7 days. I almost get 2 times the work done on any given Body Part as opposed to traditional splits. I'm able to do this because the workout is designed to tear down muscle enough that I'm fully recovered in 4 days and ready to go again.

I'm not trying to talk anyone into doing it, and a lot of people have said its hard on joints; however I have YET to have a joint prob on DC. On traditional training I get tendinitis horribly. So for me this training has been a Godsend on my joints. Of course I still take precautions an use elbow sleeves an knee wraps.

DC has helped my leg training a lot. My legs are weak for the size I carry in them. I've been able to get great workouts without the "oh shit I can't walk for a week" soreness but just sore enough to know I worked them.

The principles are simple and the video is a great asset. Spreadsheet to come and ill lay out principles in a simple list. You just can't over complicate DC. Don't out think it. Glad to see some interest.

Rock

Re: DC training

RockShawn said:
I said this on another board before, not sure who all saw it, about the splits. By using a 2 day split and lifting 3 times a week I hit every body part hard every 4 days approx. when using a typical single BP split you hit each body part every 7 days. I almost get 2 times the work done on any given Body Part as opposed to traditional splits. I'm able to do this because the workout is designed to tear down muscle enough that I'm fully recovered in 4 days and ready to go again.

I'm not trying to talk anyone into doing it, and a lot of people have said its hard on joints; however I have YET to have a joint prob on DC. On traditional training I get tendinitis horribly. So for me this training has been a Godsend on my joints. Of course I still take precautions an use elbow sleeves an knee wraps.

DC has helped my leg training a lot. My legs are weak for the size I carry in them. I've been able to get great workouts without the "oh shit I can't walk for a week" soreness but just sore enough to know I worked them.

The principles are simple and the video is a great asset. Spreadsheet to come and ill lay out principles in a simple list. You just can't over complicate DC. Don't out think it. Glad to see some interest.

Rock
RockShawnAre you saying ,..you can't overthink it (not possible) or, don't overthink it, and it will work better? I'm assuming the latter, cause I've looked at it, and thought...."this would be easy to over complicate"

Re: DC training

DOn't over think it I guess is what I meant. People say they are lifting DC but they add in exercises and extra sets thinking they are improving it somehow. When you lift true DC utilizing all the principles: REST PAUSE SETS, 1-4 OR EXPLOSIVE POSITIVE AND SLOW CONTROLLED NEGATIVE REP SPEED, EXTREME STRECHING, WIDOW MAKERS, CONSTANT PROGRESSION - you don't need to add anything except FOOD.

Here is the spreadsheet, hopefully it comes through. You can swap exercises out easily and I print it off and make copies as my log. It works great. I'm pretty sure all the exercises on the file are Dante approved. I've got another list as well with alot of exercises.

TSizemore said:
RockShawn said:

Rock
RockShawnAre you saying ,..you can't overthink it (not possible) or, don't overthink it, and it will work better? I'm assuming the latter, cause I've looked at it, and thought...."this would be easy to over complicate"

[attachment deleted by admin]

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.