Fried chicken question?

RockShawn

DEDICATION AND DESIRE
Jacked Immortal
Mutated
EG Cash
Ok, I can't seem to grill, pan fry or bake a chicken breast to save my life. What would be the problem with deep frying the breasts in like peanut oil? Like a deep fried turkey. Would that method somehow mess up the macros of the chicken. Not breaded, just cooked in oil.

why not buy precooked rotisserie ?

Usually cheaper!

RockShawn said:
Ok, I can't seem to grill, pan fry or bake a chicken breast to save my life. What would be the problem with deep frying the breasts in like peanut oil? Like a deep fried turkey. Would that method somehow mess up the macros of the chicken. Not breaded, just cooked in oil.
RockShawnUhmmm....Duh! Yes.... and......I'm gonna pull your man card unless you learn to grill!!!!!!!!!

TSizemore said:
RockShawn said:
RockShawnUhmmm....Duh! Yes.... and......I'm gonna pull your man card unless you learn to grill!!!!!!!!!

Warning accepted. I can grill beef all day long, my chicken sucks though.

So you don't see anything wrong with the oil?

foreman grill..

Even you cant fuk it up.

Here i can but a big ass rotisserie for like $5-$6 or cheaper if on sale.
@ big breasts, then you got the dark meat cooked healthy @ least you can incorporate into soups etc.

GRIM said:
foreman grill..

Even you cant fuk it up.

@ big breasts, then you got the dark meat cooked healthy @ least you can incorporate into soups etc.
GRIM
You are wrong about the Forman grill. Trust me. I just way overcook it.

True. I could eat dark meat too I guess. Those damn rotisserie chickens in the market smell so good.

RockShawn said:
GRIM said:
foreman grill..

Even you cant fuk it up.

GRIM
True. I could eat dark meat too I guess. Those damn rotisserie chickens in the market smell so good.
My grocery store has them too,...$4.95. It's a little bird, but it's enough!

RockShawn said:
GRIM said:
foreman grill..

Even you cant fuk it up.

GRIM

they are good! and pretty healthy for you, plus precooked!
win, win!

Dude, buy a meat thermometer and cook that bad boy til its 160 internal temp. Turn occasionally so you don't burn the meat and pull when its temp is right. Go spend the 5$ and come back and thank me for the tip! I'm a grilling machine and cook almost everything outside. Even in a snow storm!

sportsfreak said:
Dude, buy a meat thermometer and cook that bad boy til its 160 internal temp. Turn occasionally so you don't burn the meat and pull when its temp is right. Go spend the 5$ and come back and thank me for the tip! I'm a grilling machine and cook almost everything outside. Even in a snow storm!
sportsfreak
Lol. I use a meat thermo. I got the big bad boy with digital readout. I'm gonna give it one more shot tomorrow.

The key is 160 degree and don't walk off and leave it. That bird gotta be pampered if you want it to turn out right. Kinda like a woman ya know!?

sportsfreak said:
The key is 160 degree and don't walk off and leave it. That bird gotta be pampered if you want it to turn out right. Kinda like a woman ya know!?
sportsfreakdont just kick to curb?

GRIM said:
sportsfreak said:
sportsfreakdont just kick to curb?
Grim, you can't be kicking yo chicken to the curb!! You can grill it, bake it, broil it, and even choke it but you can kick it to the curb. It's not like a woman my man.....

I use to deep fry turkey all the time, years back, you said that you are wanting to do chicken breast. The skin is important when frying it like a turkey, the skin keeps it moist and from drying out as bad,and if you buy cut breast skin will only be on one side. In my opinion you would do better off buying whole chickens for this. #1 PEANUT OIL is the best for this, you need enough oil that will cover the complete chicken when you lower it in, BUT YOU POT NEEDS TO BE LARGE ENOUGH THAT THE OIL ONLY FILLS IT ABOUT 1/2 FULL, this is because when you lower the chicken in the oil IT WILL BUBBLE UP AND OVER FLOW if your pots not big enough. First you need to heat and keep your oil about 350 at all time, heat the oil to 350 lower the chicken SLOWLY you oil will bubble and rise, if it start to rise to much raise the chicken back up, this is because of the juices in the chicken, if the oil is hot enough and as you lower the chicken it seals the chicken and and keeps it moist inside of it. I don't remember the time it is (I THINK 7-9 MIN. PER POUND) goggle deep fry whole chicken, thickest part of thigh should register at lease 165°F,or you can watch it pull it out at lowest min per pound, lay it down and cut it at a leg/thigh joint if you see blood in the cut joint it not ready put it back in awhile longer than check it at the other leg/ thigh joint until no blood.

You can inject your chicken with a (meat injector) or any rub the longer you let the season stay on or inside the chicken before cooking the better, you can do this with anything you make up or buy.Or you can just fry it like it is.

(batter fry chicken)
IF you decide to batter and fry just chicken pieces try dipping it in some (mixed pancake batter), salt and pepper, than put it in a bag with some flour shake lightly, pull it out and fry it. amazing

My wife cant cook chicken on the grill either. Its either dry as cardboard or raw in middle. Breasts take about 12 min to cook. figure abour 6 min per side. they tend to get firmm when done. Cut in middle to see if done. If they look clear they are still a bit raw. Also remember they are like steak they will continue to cook when you take them off the grill . Juicy chicken isnt raw chicken.

Awesome info guys. Thanks a ton. RS i didn't think about the skin being important. I was thinking cutting it into bits and throw into a fry daddy for a minute or so.

I'm gonna try grilling tonight with all the great info y'all gave me. I don't have a fryer yet so that experiment will have to wait. I like the pancake batter idea a lot.

RockShawn said:
Awesome info guys. Thanks a ton. RS i didn't think about the skin being important. I was thinking cutting it into bits and throw into a fry daddy for a minute or so.

I'm gonna try grilling tonight with all the great info y'all gave me. I don't have a fryer yet so that experiment will have to wait. I like the pancake batter idea a lot.
RockShawnBetter get it right!!! Or I'm sending Eman over to yank that card!! 😉

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.