heart palpatations!!!!

The only problem I see with a beta blocker is they are difficult to get off of. They can often lead to tachycardia after cessation. A beta blocker blocks the beta receptors which also decrease the noriepinephrine and epinephrine. These drugs are not easy to come off of. You get a nasty rebound effect. Many times people restart them because thier heart rate is higher then normal. If you need them well then it has to be done. Coming off is very slow.

Check your heart rate. 60-100 is normal. Afib is very chaotic, usually above 100 vs atrial flutter which can be around 150. Go see a doctor, he can also prescribe a calcium channel blocker which is much better in my stupid ass opinion. Calcium channels control your heart rate, block some of those channels and they slow down your rate, very limited labs needed in the long run, much better unless you have real cardiac issues. Afib and aflutter originate in the atria.

Tachycardia originates in the ventricles normally. Stable is 100-170 bpm, then supra ventricular tachycardia is 180-250. Anyway, different forms of rapid heart rates originate from different chambers of your heart. A very complex electrical impulse system contolled by calcuim ions pushed through action potentials.

Most of us when we drink caffiene or take stimulants we will get PVCs, take your pulse and try to detect irregularity. Too much irregularity is not a good thing. Don't mess with your heart, it will kill you. LOL

Atrial fibrillation has nothing to do with a tachycardia. Patients might have an elevated heart rate but clinically two very different beasts. Afib is due to both of the the two chambers of the ventricles and two chambers of the atria beating abnormally. Most of this originates in the atria but affects the ventricles because they should be harmonious. This can be controlled via beta blockers or defibrillation, and other nastier drugs, which I have seen. The biggest risk with afib is developing a clot in one of the chambers which is why most patients are anti coagulated. These blood clots can travel.

Anonymous said:
do you know what sinus rhythm means? its the second time you mentioned it. normal sinus rhythm is GOOD. Its what you want in a normal working heart. Its the benchmark of what a heart rhythm should look like. Sinus means in regular rhythm and has the correct electrical pathway.

Afib, Aflutter, Vtach, Vfib, tachycardia, bradycardia, torsades, PVC's, heart blocks 1-3rd degree, etc etc is bad..

Other than that, you offered the best advice so far. Go see a doctor.
Anonymous
I am well aware of what it means... lol... several years of med school and working in an ER. 80 bpm is not irregular or tachycardia, and there was no aforementioned irregular pattern to the lub-dub.... soooo....

Mattyice

quick update,
my bro started taking aspirin and drinking more water and the problem is gone

an aspirin a day and the palpatations went right away.
heart rate returned to normal

but now nose bleeds are happening and takes sometime to stop(compared to usual)

but bp is still normal though

Is this an eq side effect too, or just from taking the aspirin once/day?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.