How many of you actually have.....

S

smoove

ABS?
And how hard is it to keep them?
Can you just lose BF and they just show up or do you have to actually train them like any other muscle?

smoove said:
ABS?
And how hard is it to keep them?
Can you just lose BF and they just show up or do you have to actually train them like any other muscle?
smooveAlways had large abs from playing sports and doing Olympic lifting.. I however have a very hard time keeping very visible abs with diet alone, always have had to have some cardio of the very high intensity variety. I do train them a lot though. Generally do at least 250 reps of different movements.. Ask Rock.. He has gotten a good Introduction to my style of abs as of late

Underground Conditioning "Training for the rest of us"

most people i know that workout don't have them and it seems the ones who do are the guys that can eat whatever they want and it don't matter (i'm so jealous of those guys..and hate them...lol)

i have only seen 2 guys at my gym that started out in the 15-20% range and get down to abs....

i have a hint of my abs ( i would guess between 10-12% fat) but to get below that 10% number requires a good bit of dedication that i haven't been able to muster...lol

that's my goal now to lose fat... look half as goods as jshredz.

and in my opinion it is mostly about bodyfat as you see real skinny dudes with abs sometimes.

intermittent fasting has been the easiest and bets way for this old dude to get and maintain a semi lean body.... i see homegrown has been experimenting with it as well.....

Yeah home grown ab routines are not for the weak. Holy crap. I can get through half of it most the time. Lol but I keep trying. I'm a mesomorph so fully visible abs are hard to keep for me. Especially in an off season mode.

My body naturally wants to hang out at around 15% bf. I am currently around 12% (based on DEXA scan, skinfold, and BIA) and have a slight 4 pack. I want to get that full 6 pack and see how long i can keep it

krustus said:
intermittent fasting has been the easiest and bets way for this old dude to get and maintain a semi lean body.... i see homegrown has been experimenting with it as well.....
krustus
Ya I have mixed feelings about it too.. its getting tough with the new work im doing, just getting way too hungry and am being way too active im thinking to sustain this much longer.. its sad too because I can really see some positive things coming out of it. Its screwing up my capacity to eat which is making it tough as well.. I haven't been a big eater for a few years but this is just crazy, a few bites in and im struggling. I can get my metabolism going to a point where I am just nasty lean but its a process.. Too much high intensity training for years... Its what my body responds to now..

I have a pretty nice 8 pack... I'm a carpenter so I'm constantly working my core all day and bf stays below 12%

homegrown said:
Ya I have mixed feelings about it too.. its getting tough with the new work im doing, just getting way too hungry and am being way too active im thinking to sustain this much longer.. its sad too because I can really see some positive things coming out of it. Its screwing up my capacity to eat which is making it tough as well.. I haven't been a big eater for a few years but this is just crazy, a few bites in and im struggling. I can get my metabolism going to a point where I am just nasty lean but its a process.. Too much high intensity training for years... Its what my body responds to now..

homegrown
How about fasting 1 day/week?

i have a pretty easy desk job (graphic artist) ... so fasting through most of that day is easy. and it does get hard to shovel in food.. i find i have to eat a little dirtier ..lol sometimes , but i got a little carried away and having to clean it up now.

I dont have them. If I tighten up you can see them a bit, but I'd have to really go on the cardio and change up diet. And right now, I just wanna keep adding mass.

I have a 4 pack, usually have a 6 pack but I'm putting on weight; so I'm down to the 4 pack. I keep them with diet. I hardly do any cardio, and when i do...it's usually HIIT

TSizemore said:
I have a 4 pack, usually have a 6 pack but I'm putting on weight; so I'm down to the 4 pack. I keep them with diet. I hardly do any cardio, and when i do...it's usually HIIT
TSizemore
Just curious what you are using for protein source to at least keep a 4 pack without any cardio?

JM750 said:
Just curious what you are using for protein source to at least keep a 4 pack without any cardio?
JM750The majority of my protein comes from whole foods. I have 2 scoops of protein powder mid morning and a Myoplex Protein shake mid-afternoon. Other than that, it's Grilled chicken, Grilled Flank steak, and eggs.

i don't any cardio really either... maybe a hike with the family now and then... i let the workout and the diet do the work... now if i were trying to get to well below 10% , i'm sure some cardio or HIIT would be needed.

TSizemore said:
The majority of my protein comes from whole foods. I have 2 scoops of protein powder mid morning and a Myoplex Protein shake mid-afternoon. Other than that, it's Grilled chicken, Grilled Flank steak, and eggs.
TSizemore
Same as me, but I dont have no 4 pack! lol

A year and a half ago I had a sweet 6 pack for the first time in 20 years. But it was durring a huge cut/cardio cycle I was caught up in. I was running over 25 miles a week and doing all high rep work outs and core strengthening exercises. Body fat was down to 8% or less, I was shredded but small my weight went from 208 to 158...(OCD).

Trying to do just lean bulk now, cut out cardio completely 4 months ago. Up to 182 but losing abb's. goal is to get up to 195-200 and then do a cut/recomp to try and get everything tight.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.