HULK SMASH

The guy is bad ass. Its crap saying 600 when its 585. He barely squezed it out at the top. You could see that in the vid with 405 paused also. Spoto would make him look bad but he is stronger than 99% of the people I know at the gym.

damn thats the biggest motherfucker I've ever seen! He would be amazing all ripped up, huge lats, damn!

GRIM said:
nope never did 610, but I did do 405 pause presses each session...
I easily did 5 plates with no spotter
IMO he looks strong, but a build where fat distributes well enough to 'look' ok....
landing the bar on your chest also takes the stress/load off compared to a normal pause press where you keep constant tension...

not saying my max was as big as his, strictly talking about the vid....
I always have incorporated pause presses...
GRIMi gotcha, yeah I didn't mean any disrespect at ya just thought maybe you were thinking this guy was barely hitting 500, he's definitely superhuman in the bench category

GRIM said:
if only he could count 😉
hahah yeah, that vid pissed me off too saying it was 600, that's why I didn't even mention that one. The 610 was in a meet, and the 655 the other dude posted he got pretty close

CB1 said:
The guy is bad ass. Its crap saying 600 when its 585. He barely squezed it out at the top. You could see that in the vid with 405 paused also. Spoto would make him look bad but he is stronger than 99% of the people I know at the gym.
99% of people in general lol, smaaaallll percentile can hit over a 600 bench, but yeah, spoto is the elite of elite though, dudes a house and strong as shit

Akhusker said:
damn thats the biggest motherfucker I've ever seen! He would be amazing all ripped up, huge lats, damn!
I know right? At the title of the vid I was expecting a pretty big dude, but when I saw it I was like.... what

I agree he is a big dude and strong, but I myself would like to see him ripped.
A lot of big guys lose a ton of mass getting decent BF, guess my main point.

No doubt he is a beast though..

GRIM said:

GRIMYeah no doubt would love to see him stage ready. That'd be a site if he kept all that mass

Anyone who can hit 2x their body weight benching (fat or not is strong). The guy is strong for sure. However imo the 405 wasnt that impressive even with pause..because a man that big should be hitting it with ease. Weight = leverage

I have to agree with the points you have made. In relation to his size and weight it isn't that impressive. He is big and strong but what percentage of his bw is he reping? I'm putting him around 330lbs with the muscle and fat as a guesstimate and I'm not sure 405 pause reps for a tough 6 reps is that great but if he did hey 600+ bench around 300 that's quit a bit more impressive to me. As grim stated he isn't doing just a pause at the bottom he's resting it almost completely on his chest between reps. When I do pause reps I continue to support the weight just barely touching my chest. I don't mean to take to much away from this guy but it's CTs hype building him up more than what he's actually working with imo.
GRIM said:

GRIM

sityslicker1 said:
Anyone who can hit 2x their body weight benching (fat or not is strong). The guy is strong for sure. However imo the 405 wasnt that impressive even with pause..because a man that big should be hitting it with ease. Weight = leverage
sityslicker1 completely agree with this^ well said.

Damn. In my 20's I did 405 for 12 on flat and 7 on incline. 455 for 3 on flat. 500 for 1 on flat. Pause, yes but not like his.

Brotha is freak.

All the barking and acting like assholes is kinda unnecessary. It's impressive enough that you can do the the weight, you don't have to yell and look like a retard while you do it.

AlphaGunne said:
All the barking and acting like assholes is kinda unnecessary. It's impressive enough that you can do the the weight, you don't have to yell and look like a retard while you do it.
AlphaGunneDamn straight! I really dis like that CT Fletcher!.....He does get results though.

His body weight ratio to weight moved ratio isn't that impressive to me. I think the 220's that are benching 600+, and deadlifting 800+ are the most impressive. Now, there are some true freaks out there that are just retarded strong:

This is the guy that taught me how to powerlift: The first one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wAP1UxnXZU

I have seen him pull more than that working out before in his old gym. It is more impressive in person.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.