Iron Killer
Jacked Immortal
EG Auction Sniper
EG Freak
Mutated
Board Donator
Fully Loaded
EG Cash
So we all now know that RockShawn is a 2 pump chump - which is why his wife would rather watch TV than give up the p.

But I digress. This rant is about my problems, not his.

I've just recently gotten back into the gym after a 4 month sabbatical due to a new baby in the family. So 2 weeks ago, after a few good warm up sets I grab the 110DBs and knock out a set of 10 on the incline bench.

After the last rep, instead of listening to my gut and dumping the DBs off to either side, I guided them back down to my knees. As I was doing this I felt a pop and a sting in my left shoulder. It didn't hurt that bad but I knew something was wrong.

It's been two weeks since, and I'm still in pain and have a limited range of motion. I know I probably need an MRI to figure out what really happened, and this is where the root of my rant begins.

I'm a small business owner so I've had to obtain my own independent medical insurance. Blue Cross / Blue Shield. I pay $1500 a month for the 4 of us. Each of us have a $2500 yearly deductible, and our coverage is only 70%. Seriously, WTF?

The last time I had an MRI done, it cost me $800 out of pocket. Seriously, WTF?

So I'm not lifting, I'm in pain and I'm fucking miserable - because I'm not lifting.

End of rant.

Health Insurance Co's actually used to pay before the crooked Government got involved. It is sickening

they've never paid if they could get away with it.
Uninsured raises the cost for everyone 🙁
Insurance is pure bs.

GRIM said:
they've never paid if they could get away with it.
Uninsured raises the cost for everyone 🙁
Insurance is pure bs.
GRIM
The sad part is, they are getting away with it more then ever now. They operate very much like car insurance.
It's pathetic.

JM750 said:
The sad part is, they are getting away with it more then ever now. They operate very much like car insurance.
It's pathetic.
JM750agreed

Re: I GOTTA RANT... IT"S PERSONAL 2

Joker -

I went to the gym yesterday to see what I can and can't do. Basically everything hurts except for some reason I can do quite a few back exercises and even dead lifts.

Sound familiar?

Yep....you tore it. The Rubber bands are a huge advantage in rehabbing the shoulders. And, don't feel like a Pussy either, those things can give you a hell of a workout if you use them right. The MRI is your call, sometimes peace of mind is worth the $800 (but usually only when the wife won't stop bitching and makes you get it). Like Joker said, Ice it down, but do that first, then use the heating pad. If you don't , then you're just feeding the inflammation and helping to keep it inflammed.

dowork said:
Joker -

I went to the gym yesterday to see what I can and can't do. Basically everything hurts except for some reason I can do quite a few back exercises and even dead lifts.

Sound familiar?
doworkShouldn't be lifting right now.......should do some stretching moves if anything, but that's it.

May I suggest this http://www.betterbraces.com/aircast-shoulder-cryo-cuff

Of course you have to get the cooler too but this applies ice and compression. I've got the cooler and all the cuffs. Very handy!!

RockShawn said:
May I suggest this http://www.betterbraces.com/aircast-shoulder-cryo-cuff

Of course you have to get the cooler too but this applies ice and compression. I've got the cooler and all the cuffs. Very handy!!
RockShawnKINKY!

listen to joker's advice bro... lay off exercise.. or only do lower body and abs... take this time to heal.

you hear of pro athletes taking 6 months or a year of slow progress physical therapy to get back. so if you are out that time only to come back stronger and smarter, it's a win in my book. remember training is a long term deal.

I can feel his pain. I'd be devastated if I had to stop to heal an injury. It becomes so much a part of your life, that it would seem empty to not be able to work out and train.
I fucked up my left shoulder in a motorcycle accident 5 yrs ago. When I started training again 9 months ago, I could feel the pain coming back. Especially if I did dumbell laterals.
It was killing me to do flat bench.

I dropped the laterals for my shoulder W/O and the flat bench. Stuck with decline and incline (which it didnt hurt to do) I did this for 6 months. Now I can do flat bench without any problems.

Hey thanks for all of the support and advice (not gonna type 'bro', that's for a different thread) everyone.

Rock - did you get the gravity cooler or the motorized cooler? Looks like a pretty slick device. Looking at it on Amazon right now.

dowork said:
Hey thanks for all of the support and advice (not gonna type 'bro', that's for a different thread) everyone.

Rock - did you get the gravity cooler or the motorized cooler? Looks like a pretty slick device. Looking at it on Amazon right now.
doworkMine is the round motorized AirCast cooler. It compressed for a few seconds then releases.

And don't think I'm dismissing the 2 pump chump comment.

Ordered up the motorized pump. Tanks rock!

I take back the previously mentioned comment.

Great advice from joker bro. Concentrate on healing the area. I had this same exact injury since November 2012
Most pushing exercises will have to cease for awhile. I recommend just training lower body for a while.
Once you start training upper body you'll be limited to the exercises you can perform. If it hurts don't do it, adjust your training exercises to shit that don't aggregate the injured area.
Even now I don't feel 100% recovered from my injury, but have manage to train for most of this year.

Jshredz
Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk2

jshredz said:
Great advice from joker bro. Concentrate on healing the area. I had this same exact injury since November 2012
Most pushing exercises will have to cease for awhile. I recommend just training lower body for a while.
Once you start training upper body you'll be limited to the exercises you can perform. If it hurts don't do it, adjust your training exercises to shit that don't aggregate the injured area.
Even now I don't feel 100% recovered from my injury, but have manage to train for most of this year.

Jshredz
Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk2
jshredz
Yes good advice, and I will be doing only lower body till this shit heals.

Now that I have 5 days a week for legs, can any one recommend, say 3 days of lower body work?

i would work legs heavy on 1 day.. sprints and jumps another.. high reps another etc...

also work any muscle or movement you can that causes no pain or discomfort... forearms, abs, bi's and tri's if no pain....etc

Monday
Squats*, 2 x 9, 7
Leg extensions, 1 x 7-9
Stiff-legged deadlifts*, 2 x 7-9
Leg curls*, 1 x 7-9
Leg press calf raises, 2 x 10-12

Wednesday
Deadlifts*, 2 x 9, 7
Standing calf raises, 2 x 12-18
Maybe incorporate some sprints

Friday
leg Presses*, 2 x 9, 7
Leg extensions, 1 x 10-12
Leg curls, 2 x 7-9
Seated calf raises*, 2 x 12-18

*Do one to two light warmup sets

Also be careful when doing standing curls or any overhead tricep or push movements

jshredz said:
Monday
Squats*, 2 x 9, 7
Leg extensions, 1 x 7-9
Stiff-legged deadlifts*, 2 x 7-9
Leg curls*, 1 x 7-9
Leg press calf raises, 2 x 10-12

Wednesday
Deadlifts*, 2 x 9, 7
Standing calf raises, 2 x 12-18
Maybe incorporate some sprints

Friday
leg Presses*, 2 x 9, 7
Leg extensions, 1 x 10-12
Leg curls, 2 x 7-9
Seated calf raises*, 2 x 12-18

*Do one to two light warmup sets

Also be careful when doing standing curls or any overhead tricep or push movements
jshredz
Thanks J -

I'm starting this on Monday.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.