I love not working!

GRIM said:
It gets boring...
GRIM
Yes it does. I have been laid off and on the books for a very long time and at first it was cool but then it got old. Can only do so much before you start repeating things and having nothing left to do. I sit on the couch now and watch a ton of tv! I take care of my kids full time, I am MR. MOM!! Dishes, laundry, cleaning, taking care of the animals, taking care of the kids. It is a rather boring time. I sign the book every month and pay my dues every quarter, keep my license current, take code update classes, and still no work. Hundreds of guys ahead of me doing the same thing. The exciting thing I do is workout every day, but that's it, I don't drink, don't smoke, don't do anything.

I agree. Not working can be boring. Usually it's b/c you don't have the money to do much. It's one thing to be rich and not working but I'm not rich so you try to find things that don't cost a lot of money. Fortunately I'm working but I'm thankful when I hear stories of people not finding work.

DGAF said:
Yes it does. I have been laid off and on the books for a very long time and at first it was cool but then it got old. Can only do so much before you start repeating things and having nothing left to do. I sit on the couch now and watch a ton of tv! I take care of my kids full time, I am MR. MOM!! Dishes, laundry, cleaning, taking care of the animals, taking care of the kids. It is a rather boring time. I sign the book every month and pay my dues every quarter, keep my license current, take code update classes, and still no work. Hundreds of guys ahead of me doing the same thing. The exciting thing I do is workout every day, but that's it, I don't drink, don't smoke, don't do anything.
DGAFSame boat here all of a sudden I becsme a sitter for all the kids and doing chores lol ive drastically had to change my spending habits

My friends are bumbs and live of the .gov. I couldn't stoop that low. I have a friend with a prostetic leg and climbs ladders all day. I'm like as long as your doing it bud so am I.

massdig said:
My friends are bumbs and live of the .gov. I couldn't stoop that low. I have a friend with a prostetic leg and climbs ladders all day. I'm like as long as your doing it bud so am I.
massdigSome people can't work.
A prosthetic leg isnt that bad @ all, you can still run in them and do most anything.
SS disability is FORCED insurance....

Easy to say when you don't have a debilitating condition...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.