I'm going vegan

health reasons, mainly. i'm not sure i'll go all that strict vegan, gonna ease into it and see how it goes.

i've been noticing a lot of inflammation lately and wondering if cutting out or greatly reducing the dairy will eliminate it. also some GI distress from dairy. i also don't tolerate soy protein very well, so i have to be careful going vegan.

It's not easy Brother . My mother did it because she had a heart attack and it wasn't a matter of " should she " , so she's found ways to eliminate dairy and meats with substitutes that are very close to the foods she used to eat. It's a lot of trial and error on what to eat and what she likes .
But it'll work , just take it a step at a time !!!

yea, gonna ease into it and not beat myself up if i eat some eggs or something once in awhile.

Just cut out carbs and sugar... Kinda a Keto diet... Eat your fats and proteins.... After cutting sugars and carbs my bloating, inflammation and stomach distress went away...

I'm a vegetarian, have been for 30 years now. I have been advised not to go vegan because it is too strict (many deficiencies unless you take a lot of supplements).

what supplements do you recommend? i know i need a good multi-vitamin, b12, iodine.

i've done keto, or close to it. i like it but it made me constipated, which led to gi distress.

i think i'm gonna do modified vegan and keep eggs/egg whites and the occasional tuna and sushi

I do this diet where I eat whatever I want, whenever I want. It's great! Lol. Going vegan is like volunteering for prison.

that's fine when you're young tkasch, but it leads to diabetes, heart disease, cancer, etc as you get older

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.