Just Bought 2 Snakes

F.I.S.T. said:
Come on guys,lets keep things cool.Lets not let it escalate.We're all family here.
F.I.S.T.I'm the admin and as.such have to call out crap

GRIM said:
I'm the admin and as.such have to call out crap
GRIM
[size=12pt]
I hear ya brother.You of course do what you feel is best for the board.Im only trying to give a friendly reminder to everyone.

Anyway,back on subject,the snakes a re starting to roam around their tank a little bit already which is a good thing.Sometimes when you first transport them from the pet shop to home and place them in their new homes,they are stressed out and will hide for days until they start to feel comfortable in their new environment.Especially with ones so tiny but they are already starting to explore.Very good sign.

If they're out tomm,i'll pick them up and take a few pics.

Just fed the snakes their first pinkies.We were waiting for them to start crawling around the tank which indicates they're hungry looking for food.

The Ball Python ate 2 medium sized pinkies and the Corn ate one tiny pinkie.I was a little worried that it wasnt going to able to kill it because its so small but he got it.It actually took a while to kill it though but he got it and down it went.

I was just talking about the snakes on another forum with someone and it reminded me of a story I had of a snake I used to own.It was an Albino Burmese Python I owned that was only 2yrs old and about 10ft long and still growing and was a nasty mutha.I never picked him up enough when he was younger so he never became domesticated and always bit me.I couldn't even put rats in the tank when he was close because he'd bite my hand or arm,Fucking thing hurt.LMAO

I think thats what actually got me into building my own tanks.I made them HUGE with separate doors so I could go in through whatever side he was on to put food in there or clean up the tank,etc.

I''ll tell ya brother,there nothing worse than coming home after a long day and fighting with a snake for an hour before he finally calms down.Its a bitch too because you grab them at the base of the head so they cant bite you but then they wrap their bodies all around you and they shit out this crap liquid that smells like a skunk and while he's flailing around,its shooting all over you.Fucking disgusting. I tried to sell him but no one wanted him because he was so mean so I ended up donating him to a local zoo.

F.I.S.T. said:
I was just talking about the snakes on another forum with someone and it reminded me of a story I had of a snake I used to own.It was an Albino Burmese Python I owned that was only 2yrs old and about 10ft long and still growing and was a nasty mutha.I never picked him up enough when he was younger so he never became domesticated and always bit me.I couldn't even put rats in the tank when he was close because he'd bite my hand or arm,Fucking thing hurt.LMAO

I think thats what actually got me into building my own tanks.I made them HUGE with separate doors so I could go in through whatever side he was on to put food in there or clean up the tank,etc.

I''ll tell ya brother,there nothing worse than coming home after a long day and fighting with a snake for an hour before he finally calms down.Its a bitch too because you grab them at the base of the head so they cant bite you but then they wrap their bodies all around you and they shit out this crap liquid that smells like a skunk and while he's flailing around,its shooting all over you.Fucking disgusting. I tried to sell him but no one wanted him because he was so mean so I ended up donating him to a local zoo.
F.I.S.T.
That shit is nuts. Hey just incase I get tangled up with a constrictor day, is it true that either warm or cold warm will loosen there grip? Or this all BS?

sityslicker1 said:
That shit is nuts. Hey just incase I get tangled up with a constrictor day, is it true that either warm or cold warm will loosen there grip? Or this all BS?
sityslicker1

Well i'll tell you one thing,whenever mine wrapped around me and was shooting that shit out,the last thing I was trying to do was get water.LMFAO. Only thing on my mind was,with one hand,keeping his neck gripped up right behind his head and the other hand I was grabbing his body and unwrapping him from around me and trying to keep his ass away from my body so I didnt continue to get shit on.LMFAO.

Aside from that,I really cant say.Never tried it.

Sorry guys,I completely forgot about posting pics but finally remembered and took some.So here they are.......

First 2 are the Corn Snake.with one being as he's swallowing a pinkie and the last is the Ball Python.

Attachments

• CORNSNAKE2.webp
    CORNSNAKE2.webp
    35.1 KB · Views: 9
  • CORN SNAKE.webp
    CORN SNAKE.webp
    15.5 KB · Views: 8
  • BALL PYTHON.webp
    BALL PYTHON.webp
    26.6 KB · Views: 7
Cool!! That boa looks like a mean mofo. His color almost looks yellowish.. does it fade into more brown as it growsbolder or will it remain this color?

sityslicker1 said:
Cool!! That boa looks like a mean mofo. His color almost looks yellowish.. does it fade into more brown as it growsbolder or will it remain this color?
sityslicker1

Thanks man.Its actually a Ball Python but no,his colors will basically stay the same.They are very tame snakes so dont let his looks fool you.Right now he's only about 2 ft but will get to about 3-4ft only.They have really thick bodies as opposed to the Corn snake which will stay thinner bodied but may get slightly longer than the Ball.

he does look more yellowish than the one I had, looks like a Male , great pets most docile of them all

misterB said:
he does look more yellowish than the one I had, looks like a Male , great pets most docile of them all
misterB

Yea,I forget what type of Ball he is.There are many different types I think based on their colors and patterns but im not into that much that I know the different types.I only know if its a Ball or not.LOL

You're right as for their temperament.Very kid friendly snakes.

Oh yeah,I forgot to mention too that I gave the Corn snake 2 pinkies this time and the second one he didnt even constrict before he ate it.He just grabbed it and started swallowing it.Very strange.Ive actually never seen one do that before.They've always constricted their prey till it was dead and THEN started swallowing it.The first one,he did just that but after I put the second one in,he saw it and grabbed it from the backside and actually started swallowing it backwards right away! Couldn't believe it.LOL Also,they usually start from the head first as its easier to swallow due to how the arms and legs fold down but he ate it ass end first this time.

Pretty odd but cool none-the-less.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.