Just drained 6mls out of quad

Looks like I'll be draining more tonight... Didn't get worse... But still not gone... Update later

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I understand the inherent risk with self medicating.... I'm not stupid...... I don't do it often...... I have a variety of anti biotics and two friends who are mds who give advice when I ask.

I understand the inherent risk with self medicating.... I'm not stupid...... I don't do it often...... I have a variety of anti biotics and two friends who are mds who give advice when I ask.

BigKev
I wouldn't call it self medicating since you're getting advice from MD's. I have a several friends who are MD's and for small things I talk to them and not schedule an appt. Less cost, less time wasted, and get the correct info to attack the issue.

The problem is people who just "wing it". They wind up taking something which may not be correct and therefore causing a potential problem.

Exactly. Winging it idea and not finishing meds is bad bad idea. I’ve got family in medicine. Stories I’ve heard of people and self medicating.

The infection I got, I was treated with IV antibiotics. Then they drained 50ml of blood and I was fine.

Update..... Not getting better.... Not worse... Just not better.... Have drained a total of almost 40ml over last two nights..... Starting 1000mgs amox for ten days tomorrow.... Never ever had to drain this much before.... Crazy shit.... No redness.... No fever... Just sore and lumpy

First 15 ml of all this was greyish pink...... It's been mostly thick sticky bloody since then.

Update..... Not getting better.... Not worse... Just not better.... Have drained a total of almost 40ml over last two nights..... Starting 1000mgs amox for ten days tomorrow.... Never ever had to drain this much before.... Crazy shit.... No redness.... No fever... Just sore and lumpy

First 15 ml of all this was greyish pink...... It's been mostly thick sticky bloody since then.
BigKevsounds a lot like my new 1 was not really pussy just thin blood, after initial

JFC this shit is crazy!

So how does this work when you need to have it drained? You go into the doctor and tell them you injected some gear and need to have it drained due to infection? How do they respond?

Draining them doesnt get rid of the underlying infection they need to be opened from what I know. I've attempted draining via pin before without luck. Of course to reduce the pressure and in time they often simply go away on their own. Heat is recommend last I looked

As far as what to tell Dr abscess/boil etc can be caused from even a hair, a scratch no need to bring up gear

Do you have Augmentin 625 - amoxicillin/clavulanic acid with you. Only Amoxicillin won't work in severe cases, the amount of puss you have drained isn't normal either. Also you need prednisolone or Dexametasona with that.

Edit - it'll be better if your MD friends can get you on IV antibiotics with Pantoprazole and Domperidone asap.
Every doctors on the corner here in India has these with themselves

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Day two of amox feeling better..... No new swelling.... Soreness is decreasing..... Hoping I'm headed in the right direction..... Using heat at night..... I'll wait a bit before going to the doc to see if there's a turn for the worse

Day two of amox feeling better..... No new swelling.... Soreness is decreasing..... Hoping I'm headed in the right direction..... Using heat at night..... I'll wait a bit before going to the doc to see if there's a turn for the worse

BigKevhopefully it just goes away on its own, they often do

Lump and all pain is gone.... Looks like I made it through

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest threads

Back